“Rude waiter!”
Review of Lirum Larum

Lirum Larum
Ranked #15 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Bern
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I just wanted an espresso americano to take away. Every decent bartender should know how to prepare it! But even if he doesn't, he should remain calm and polite and not start shouting angrily "I don't know what you are talking about". Definitely the rudest (not to mention inapt) waiter I have ever met!

Reviewed 5 January 2016

My friend and I are from HK and we went yesterday for a coffee break. The waiter was very rude that he practically threw the menu at us. The coffee was expensive and worse still he refused to give us change and lied about the amount of money I paid him. This is purely unprofessional.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Drinks are okay priced but will not recommend to eat anything. Ordered a basic croque monsieur. Small little piece of toast.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Good people watching spot. We were there on Sunday lunch time with our daughters and took a table down on the cobbled street. A few drinks and some snack food, while watching the world go by. I recommend the Swiss Hot Dog... Very nice!

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Walking around Berne to find somewhere for a pit stop and refreshment we found many other places very full and busy.
This place is tucked away on a cobbled street in the heart of old town Bern.

It isn't that big and has tables both inside and outside.

The menu appears a little limited from what I saw and we opted for coffee and cakes. We purchased a coffee each and a blueberry muffin each from the display on the counter.

The staff are friendly, the place is clean and fairly welcoming but I found it very expensive. Our order cost CHF18.20 which is expensive for what we had. However, the coffee was nice and the muffin tasty. I think this is in the norm of prices in Bern and is cheaper than Starbucks!

All in all a nice place to stop and have a break.