All reviews tram stop free coffee and tea old town free wifi minute walk free transportation pass enjoyed my stay single room just round the corner corner room visit bern number tram comfortable stay room number rose garden railway station tv channels
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I spent 4 nights here. The room was small but very cosy and clean. I was able to regulate the heater which was great. Bed was comfortable . I didn’t like the plastic sheet on the base though but I just removed it, nor the nylon bedsheet- I slept in between two duvets which was lovely.

Bath towel was good long length.

Staff very helpful and polite. Fresh fruit and coffee freely available for guests in the reception.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank sc0t2016
Manuel D, Reception at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay and that you liked your room. We hope to welcoming you another time again in Bern! Kind regards, Marlies Leuenberger

Reviewed 4 December 2017

My room was very clean and stylish, especially the bathroom. The hotel doesn't boast of its amenities, but they have everything you might otherwise need to run out to grab--breakfast, a bottle of water, a bag of crisps, a bottle of beer, a cup of coffee, or a nip of whiskey before bed. It's very easy to get there from the tram station by the Hauptbahnhoff: take the 9 tram to Spitalaker station, then the hotel is just down a side street, across from an outdoor gear store. Breakfast is the standard German hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RobinJ1590
Manuel D, Reception at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is nice to hear, that you had everything what you needed. We hope you will recommend us and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you once again. Kind regards, Marlies Leuenberger

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The hotel "Waldhorn" is just a few minutes walk from the old town. There are all necessary shopping locations, ATM, etc. close by. The hotel itself is in a very nice old building. Rooms are quite modern, but more basics. Everything is clean, staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JJHamburg
Manuel D, Rezeption at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you were satisfied with our services and are looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel. Kind regards. Shirin Kühnel

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I chose to stay at the Hotel Waldhorn while attending a nearby conference. Overall I found the hotel pleasant and efficient with no obvious flaws. Tram 9 is only a short walk away and connects you to the rest of the city including the main train station. Wifi is free and had no problems with streaming. The free breakfast in the morning has a good variety with fresh juices and meats/cheeses. Front desk staff were also very friendly and welcoming for any questions that you may have. I would definitely stay again on a future trip.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Manuel D, Manager at Hotel Waldhorn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you very much for the good review. We are glad you had a pleasant stay. We would be more than happy to welcome you again. Diana Gooda

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The single room which i stayed in was very small but generally clean. The pillow is a tad too soft for my liking but that could be personal preference. There were not much amenities but not as if my stay depended on it. Basic ones like towels, shower gel and shampoo were provided. Besides this, do bring your own. Also, note that there are no minibar and kettle, at least in the room which i stayed. The lack of airconditioning may also deter people. I was not that comfortable with opening my window for ventilation especially since i was staying on level 1 (or the second storey for most of us).

I thought it was odd that we had to return the key to the reception every time we leave the hotel. That was a slight inconvenience as i had to repeatedly remember to do so. I am not sure if this is the norm as it is the first time i am experiencing this. Although one has to present a note indicating your room number before you can collect the key from the reception, I still had slight concern about security issues.

Breakfast was included though the selection was quite small and the spread was the same each day. There are complimentary coffee, tea and apples at the lobby so thats a nice touch. A computer and printer was free for use in the lobby as well.

Although it is not very near to the old town and train station, the tram station, Spitalacker, is just round the corner, a minute walk away. Tram no. 9 gets you the the train station in under 10 mins and the frequency is fairly high. The hotel also provided a transport pass for free travels within Bern so that was convenient.

Overall, this may not be my first choice hotel if i were to visit Bern again. If possible, i would have given a 3.5 stars but since this is not possible, I guess it isn't that bad to warrant a rounding down, hence my rating.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. As our hotel is under monumental protection we cannot make drastic changes to the building and install airconditioning. Our summers are fairly short with few hot days/nights. For that reason most hotels in Bern do not have air conditioning. But we are lucky that we live in a safe environment and canleave windows open at night. As our rooms are not very large we have no possibility to add a minibar or kettle. For that reason we offer free tea and coffee in the lobby and sell drinks. We understand that not all our guests like handing in their key. We do this for safety reasons that we can check who comes into the hotel and if they are entitled to do so. The safety is definetly guaranteed. The girls only enter rooms to clean them, if we tell them that the guest has gone out. Sorry that you where not completely satisfied with our services. Diana Gooda