“Excellent dinner!”

Moment
Ranked #6 of 559 Restaurants in Bern
Price range: US$15 - US$95
Reviewed 13 March 2018

High end restaurant which offers a menu made with local produce.

My boyfriend and I spent an outstanding evening in this lovely restaurant in the Old Town of Bern. The interior is pleasantly minimalistic and inviting. I found the staff to be all very young to be running such a nice restaurant, but the whole evening went down without a hitch.

Moment serves one menu, so you can only choose how many courses you want to eat, depending on how hungry you are. The menu only lists the main ingredients of the dish, so the dish itself is a surprise.

I really liked the fact that so many of the courses were vegetarian. Each course was presented with lots of attention to detail and every dish we tasted was of very high quality. The staff took great care in explaining each course. We opted for the wine pairing and I liked the fact that after pouring the wine, the staff left the bottle on our table a little bit longer, so we could study the label. The honey wine I had with my dessert was pure heaven.

Portions are small, so if you're very hungry, you'll need to order the whole menu. Be warned though, staff only speaks German, hardly any English.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

If you want to have a wonderful eating experience and a relaxed delicious meal look no further. It is a place I will return to
every time I am in Bern. The food was
expertly prepared. The complex and
delicious flavors just melted in your mouth. The service was attentive and made you feel at ease.

One person in our group accidentally left her camera behind and didn’t notice it until she was on the train headed for the Alps. We called the restaurant and Florian Stalder, who picked up the phone, not only had found the camera, but also send it overnight via post to our next destination. Needless to say how happy we were when it arrived the next day. Florian’s kindness and compassion is an experience in Switzerland that we will never forget. A million thanks!

1  Thank muga
Reviewed 7 November 2017

A team of young and passionate people gathered together to create special experiences. I've just recently returned to Bern and tried it for the second time and was even more impressed than the first time. The team really understands hospitality, they are very knowledgeable about their offerings and always 'wear' a smile. A very refreshing restaurant in Berne's landscape. Important: Do reserve in advance, it's difficult to just walk-in.

1  Thank FollowMSimon
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great breakfast. Staff was very Nice and very welcoming. Relatively cheap prices and big plates with tasty food.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and i enjoyed a nice weekend meal at Moment. It was our first time visiting the restaurant. Lovely setting. Not too crowded or noisy - perfect for an intimate conversation! The service was outstanding. And the kitchen did a wonderful job of caring for my allergy. Thanks to them for that! I also love restaurants were the choice of dishes is at a minimum. I'd go back!