“Friendly back yard”

Price range: US$0 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

On a beautiful back yard I enjoyed an incredible cup of chocolate. Full of trees and laughs coming from the school nearby, I felt city's centre warmth.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Have been there quite some times and still I like it a lot. The service is good, the location very nice (they also have a garden in the back, check it out to discover) at the Muenster square and the food excellent. The kitchen is modern and also vegetarians will find something nice.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stopped for lunch after a visit to the Munster. Had a lovely meal. Although it was a nice day we ate indoors because the patio was full of smokers. The Swiss smoke a great deal and the only way to avoid it with meals is to sit indoors if possible. This is not a complaint about the restaurant - merely a statement of fact. My daughter and I had the pasta pesto; the food was very good. The portion was just the right size. The service was very attentive; our order was taken promptly and we didn't wait long for our meal. Reasonable prices. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

After photographing the Munster, we spotted an adorable little restaurant with an outdoor courtyard. Unfortunately, the courtyard was full, so we elected to sit at a picnic table outside the restaurant. It was a lovely experience. The service was attentive and not at all rushed. I had the lamb and my partner had the beef fillet. Both were great.
Dessert was amazing.

1  Thank happyrelaxeddudes
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I did not eat any food here so I cannot really comment on that, but the lunch menu did look fairly limited. I overhead other guests saying that their lunch was good.

We sat here 2 different times while visiting Basel to have a leisurely drink. Beer was good. Service was good. And the courtyard location was wonderful on 2 sunny afternoons! One day we even watched a wedding party emerge from Basel Munster. Good place to take in the spring sun, scenery and people watch.