“Ok food for Swiss prices”

Brasserie Baselstab Movenpick
Ranked #222 of 773 Restaurants in Basel
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We came here for lunch. The service was a bit slow but still acceptable. The food is ok. I must say I expected more from a Swiss food/restaurant chain. We will probably go to another restaurant next time.

Management response:Responded 6 August 2018

Thank you for your response. If you give us a second chance we hope that we will be able to satisfy you completely.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Long wait to be served & not welcomed. Cheesecake rather solid and stodgy, hot water for tea not very hot. Expensive as is all Switzerland - but watch your bill - our waiter added a nice gratuity he had not earned. Movenpick need to up their game.

Management response:Responded 6 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your visit. In regards to the bill it would help you if you could send us a copy on customerservice@marche-int.com. If we had a copy we could check what went wrong and take actions.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Went for an ice cream. It was movenpick, was good.
BUT if you aspect a good service it is a No go!!!The waiter didn’t welcome us. He was really nervous. Really bad service. And this is a pity.
If a manager read this, take care of this advice and feedback.
You can renovate the place but if the service is bad the place will be still poor!
1 star for the bad experience.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

excellent location and good food. the pizzas are one of a kind. long in size ,served with a pair of kitchen scissors.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We ordered the Swiss prime steak for my husband and the price is 56.95 and émincé de veau zurichoise for me and the price is 44.95. I have nothing to say more about the steak in the price but taste just ok, but my food just really bad, it should be come with potatoes and cook with butter, but I can not believe this kind of price that my food comes with forzen vegetables: green beans, 2 pieces of carrots,a few pieces egg plants, and the beau just so dry and separate with the fried powder, I finished it because I don’t want to waste money and the food, the only good thing is the ice cream was very good, shame on the food what they presented. I always take pics of the food anywhere I eat, but I did it feel like that kind of food is worthy to take pics...

2  Thank Yvonne L