“Stunning food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Delicious food, especially a small additional starter given to us of some slow cooked beans. When my partner and I looked back at our time in Perugia and the food we ate, we both mentioned the beans.

The service is friendly but errs to the side of slightly brusque. If you get past that, you'll have a fantastic meal. Genuinely delicious food and some great (and honest) recommendations.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 June 2018

the decor of this restaurant is very etruscan like. The food is like eating at home but without doing the dishes. I eat very often in restaurant and I must say that lately I have been stuck with this restaurant for the quality and the genuinely of the food and the service.
The menu is so inviting that we have decided to order three of four meals when (we are two couples) and share them chinese way. Everything is well done; the tagliata is divine, the tripe spectacular and the pollo al limone beyond explanations.
And oh yes , the price for four with wine is in the vicinity of 60 euros ...a bargain .
The owners very friendly.
HIUGE RECOMMENDATION from me

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 26 May 2018

This restaurant was recommended to us by our Italian teacher, a native Perugina. And we were not at all disappointed. We were lucky to get a table at lunch without a reservation by arriving just as they opened. By the time we left the place was filled to over-flowing and it seemed everyone knew both the owners and each other. We sat at our corner table very amused by the scene before us. But the star of the show was the food. First they put before us a small amount of a bean stew as a little gift from the kitchen. Then came a lemon risotto with squid presented in a ring around the risotto. It was one of the day’s specials and was one of the most delicious things we have ever eaten. My husband followed with bacala and I had some veal. A bottle of cold Grechetto made it all even more memorable. Thank you, Elizabetta for recommending this excellent place. In future we would reserve, since, if we had arrived any later, I think we might have been turned away.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We didn't give this restaurant a fair chance. It was highly recommended by our hotel, and the conference we were attending distributed vouchers for free food from a limited menu. It felt like the entire conference descended on this place. It was packed, and waiters were desperately throwing food on the tables. I recall only two dishes. A lamb stew tasted ... okay ... but was plopped on the plate as if from a ladle. It looked like school cafeteria food. A mixed green salad consisted of several leaves of lettuce on a plate. That was it. We had to ask for oil and vinegar. I don't remember anybody at our table praising any dish. (I have a vague memory of very bland pasta.) When I read other reviews of the wonderful Umbrian food, the historic ambience, the friendly chef visiting diners at their tables, well, okay, we'll try again next time we're in Perugia. In our circumstance, with the bargain rates, the restaurant actually did turn into a cafeteria for a week, with the staff too busy just trying to feed everybody who showed up. We'll try to go again after it's turned back into a fine dining establishment.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Altromondo is our go-to restaurant, whether we want a cosy couples' retreat, an animated family occasion, or those times that we want to impress someone from out of town! The setting is rustic yet elegant, the staff attentive and friendly, and the food always absolutely delicious. The owner, Claudio, always comes around to greet you and wish you 'buon appetito' - a very nice touch. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: April 2018