“Homemade pasta with white truffles!”
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Ranked #10 of 882 Restaurants in Perugia
Price range: US$0 - US$52
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Taverna will be closed for kitchen maintenance works from Monday, July 23rd until Monday August 6th.
Reviewed 26 October 2015

We weren't hungry after several hours at the Pinotecca and wants to avoid the many very touristy restaurants in the main square. Down a side street we found La Taverna and were very pleased. The tagliatelle with white truffles was the highlight of the meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,976)

Reviewed 24 October 2015

My husband and I had a memorable experience at La Taverna. It is located off the main Corso, down some ancient curved steps that helped intensify the feeling of discovering a hidden gem. We were warmly received into the
bustling scene (even though we were late for our already late lunch.) Not long after being seated, the chef/owner, Claudio, stopped by our table to ask if we knew what we wanted to order. The menu was in Italian and I was struggling w my phone app to translate unknown items. Claudio's demeanor is of the serious, intense kind and we thought we might get attitude but we were completely surprised and delighted that he took the time to talk to us. He explained that it was white truffle season (we said Yes!) and he put together one of the simplest, most delicious, memorable meals we had during our trip (eggs w truffles, a simple pasta w truffles and a lovely red wine to accompany.) The bonus of our lunch was our conversation w Claudio who became a fast friend. We walked away feeling deeply satisfied and very grateful to have spent a beautiful afternoon in La Taverna.

1  Thank ChezShell
Reviewed 24 October 2015

Wow, Chef Claudio put on a great spread for us! It was a fantastic meal. We started with a roasted onion appetizer, followed with pasta and truffle and finished with a wonderful filet with porcini mushrooms. The desserts were all wonderful as well. The service was top notch and the atmosphere was one of the best I have experienced.

Chef Claudio and his staff should be applauded. I know one of his mentees, Pasky, who would be proud of the food being served at La Taverna!!!

Thanks Claudio!

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

Chef Claudio,the owner warmly welcomed us and I knew we would enjoy dinner. I had the veal with porcini mushrooms. It was the best dish of my 12 days of stay Italy. Wifey had the filetto with truffle. A bit rich as sauce was cream based but she enjoyed it nevertheless. My daughter had the ravioli with truffles which everyone raved about. The charcuterie platter had what I suspect is Jamon Lomo Iberico. The tiramisu and cheesecake were excellent. Proof of our enjoyment? I made a reservation for next Monday.

1  Thank Girme G
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

My family and I love La Taverna! We had the anti-plasti plate which was too much to eat! My ravioli with truffle was the best I've had in my 10days in Italy! The veal chop was tender, juicy and extremely flavorful! We had cheesecake and tiramisu for dessert! The cheesecake was surprisingly light and lemon-y!