See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 October 2014

We stayed as part of a large group for two evenings.The bedrooms were large enough but quite basic.
There is not a bar but you ask the reception for drinks and they will get them for you.
There is not a list of what is available in soft drinks or alcohol which was really confusing for us all.
The food at dinner and breakfast was very good though.
It is a steep walk up to Assissi but that gives you practise as the town is very hilly but beautifull.
Drink prices are reasonable when you get them as service is very slow.

Room Tip: basic clean accommodation
Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wyandour
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We decided to stay a few night in Assisi and booked at the Assisi Garden. It was a very nice hotel and the staff were really nice. The breakfast was really good as well. It's located right off the walking path to the old city. I can be a tiring walk for those who have any kind of limitation - my mom's knee was bothering her so it was a challenge for her - but it's such a nice path walk. At night, there are lights along the way so you're not complete darkness.
The grounds are beautiful and so is the surrounding area.
I don't have kids but they had a kids area, complete with a trampoline and ping-pong table!
We had a really good time - the only negative is that it would've been nice to have a small bar fridge in the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Liane S
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked the Assisi Garden through MonasteryStays.com for 3 nights starting 2014-05-24. On arrival, I found the following problems with my room and then dinner:
1. WiFi would not reach my room, I had to go to the chapel to use WiFi (to send this message)
2. TV did not work in my room
3. One of the night table lights did not work
4. Bread at dinner was dry and stale

There are problems with maintenance service, the quality is simply not there.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank AKTH
Reviewed 24 May 2014

A ten minute walk to the Basilica and in a peaceful area which has great views. Parking on site and plenty of room to sit out and enjoy the scenery. Rooms aren't luxurious but no complaints - all in all Great value for money and would stay there again. If you want to find the place it's off the main road through Assisi and towards Perugia.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 15 September 2013

A calm hotel in stunning surroundings. There's an institutional feel to the hotel, lots of mock-oil paintings of decaying geraniums, cheap wood, and corridors smelling of disinfectant; however, the rooms are spacious and provide great views. The restaurant is bizarre - pop videos blaring out from the TV where old people are struggling to chew on the disgusting food. The dinner menu offered many variations of pork but little else. The service was staggeringly poor, the staff appeared to be on the brink of losing their tempers all the time. But we loved playing
table tennis and table football. Be careful, minimal internet.

Room Tip: We were very happy with our family room but when we checked in we were encouraged to eat dinner at the hotel which was a big mistake!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family