All reviewsthe buspastriesbeautiful viewolive treesbalcony roomwalked everywherewatched the sunsetfamily runlarge balconypiazza matteottistay there againbreakfast was deliciousgreat coffeelast stoplovely little hotelsan rufinosurrounding countryside
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Three friends and I stayed at this lovely hotel. Its position was almost perfect with lovely views from the balcony of our room and breakfast was idyllic. The staff were so pleasant and helpful. It is spotlessly clean and they clearly pride themselves on being as welcoming as possible. We arrived at 11.30pm and they even allowed us to have a bottle of local wine to calm our fractured nerves after a long day's travelling. I would definitely stay there again and wouldn't hesitate in recommending to others.

Room Tip: First floor with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank JaneA6515
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Beautiful setting, quiet and peaceful, but right outside the walls of the city. 10 minute walk to the main piazza. The only negatives were a so so breakfast (not included) and indifferent but adequate staff

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We stayed here while visiting Assisi during our holiday of Italy. We were able to park easily for free within the hotel grounds after a long drive. When we arrived and checked in the first thing we noticed was the view of the town and surrounding countryside from the hotel. This hotel probably has the most amazing view of ANY hotel I've ever stayed in. When we reached our room we were delighted to find it had a balcony making the most out of this amazing view.
The room was very tastefully decorated and was comfortable and clean. The staff were excellent and very friendly, an example of this was that we arrived late for breakfast and they'd packed it all away, they very kindly went to the effort of getting everything back out of the kitchen especially for us. In my opinion this was above and beyond what I'd expect but was very much appreciated considering it was entirely our fault for being late.
Assisi is a beautiful town and well worth visiting and this would be the perfect base if you are visiting.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rambunctiousrb
Reviewed 27 July 2016

So glad we chose Hotel Ideale set in a lovely garden with amazing views over Assissi which is a beautiful historic old town and not too big to explore by foot. The cobbled street was quite steep down to the main square but we could walk quite easily (being slightly elderly) to some lovely restaurants near the hotel. Our room was very comfortable and elegant, the bathroom had beautiful quality Italian fittings and even the view from there was amazing. The buffet breakfast was lovely with great coffee and there were so many spots in the garden and terraces for awesome views. We only had one night but could have stayed for more.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Let me start by saying that this was by all means the best return/reward value I ever got in a hotel.

After researching on Trip Advisor and browsing some of the local hotel websites, I was drawn to a fresh an clean look of one of the rooms here. A short exchange of emails guaranteed both my reservation and also that I got exactly the room I wanted.

I had a room with a view, and both from the room as well as the terrace, the sweeping views are absolutely gorgeous. The room was and OK size and the bathroom was small, but you can see that it had been recently renovated by someone with great taste. It's definitely worth paying a bit extra, if any, to stay in one of these rooms.

Location also can't be better. The hotel sits by the entrance of the old walled city, right by the road that takes you to/from the new part of town (where the train station is). You get either ample free onsite parking or a quick EUR 15-20 to the station (there is also a bus), without the hassle of driving through the narrow streets of the town. Two minutes walk and you are in a restaurant I dearly recommend, Tierra Chiama, and two more minutes you reach St Clare's cathedral, the main square and the street that ultimately leads to St Francis Cathedral. You will be walking uphill on the way back, but it is a steady progression and not a mountain climbing effort.

Last but not least, this is a family run hotel, and everyone I encountered took really pride in what they did. I loved breakfasts with fresh cheese, juices, many pastries and your capucchino made to order. They always made great recommendations and the owner was really upset when someone took over the cab the had called for me. You could see she only relaxed one a new one arrived.

I hadn't been to Assisi in 20 years and had forgotten how wonderful it is. I hope to be back soon and will certainly look for this hotel again. Though short, I really had a great time here.

Stayed: October 2015