All reviews letizia and ruurd cooking class her husband homemade bread and jams ravioli learning how umbrian countryside cooking techniques restored farmhouse olive harvest glass of wine pasta making delicious lunch other guests spectacular views patio overlooking bed and breakfast
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We enjoyed a wonderful day cooking and talking with Letizia in September and it was one of the highlights of our two month stay in Umbria. Her philosophy, wonderful recipes, sense of humour and welcoming nature make her cooking lessons an unforgettable experience. She is the real thing - and Umbrian cook in Umbria!I bought her cookbook and have already tried some of the recipes to rave reviews! Not to be missed

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Unwind in the peaceful countryside close to Assisi, and learn to make delicious fresh Umbrian pasta, soups, and sweets while you’re there! The owners are extremely helpful in suggesting visits to unique artisans and restaurants in the area. Just returned home, and cannot recommend more highly.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I booked the independent apartment connected with the Alla Madonna del Piatto Bed and Breakfast and loved it! I had stayed several times in the B+B and wanted to try the apartment that Letizia and Ruurd have recently opened. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, excellent kitchen, perfect WiFi and is completely calm, cool, clean and quiet. It was a true oasis after a hectic day of sightseeing. Excellent value for such a spacious apartment. During the evening, I relaxed on the large B+B terrace with a glass of wine and spectacular views across the valley. I stayed a full week and did not want to leave. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Be sure to ask advice from Letizia and Ruurd about the best restaurants, local festivals, sights
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sancee
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I called Letizia to inquire about a cooking lesson, my hobby and passion.
The big GOOD MORNING that I heard on the phone was enough to draw a smile from me. That good morning sounded like the welcome and passion Letizia is all about.

I spent a morning in a lesson with Suzi, another cooking enthusiast, and we both went through a very nice experience. Not only cooking techniques and ideas, flavoured portions were made as we got an explanation of the Italian spices, habits, culture and way to be. I have learnt a lot from that morning. If you are looking for accommodation or to enrich your kitchen know-how, Letizia is your perfect partner.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank ZahalyL L
Reviewed 20 July 2017

If you want a little slice of Italian countryside peacefully tucked away off the main road, to spend time just relaxing on the veranda or exploring, then please, do yourself a favour and go.

Letizia is a perfect host, nothing is too much trouble (she even booked our homebound train tickets for us) and we really enjoyed the relaxation of 3 nights here.

Much as been written here about the her cookery classes, and what a chef she is! Her knowledge is phenomenal, the ingredients all locally sourced. The highlight without a doubt and we learnt so much which we can't wait to try out at home.

Wi-Fi good in dining area, sporadic in the room and that is about the only fault I have. A truly fantastic place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2017