All reviews deep tissue massage roman columns hot tub steam room beautiful hotel walking holiday last minute booking excellent restaurant luxury hotel converted monastery outdoor pool rooms are modern staff was very friendly and helpful surrounding hills beautiful garden location is great a wonderful stay
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

A local whom I recently met recommended that I stay at this hotel. I actually had already reserved an Airbnb home but decided to go for this instead. My only regret is that I didn't discover this place earlier! I'm rather critical by nature but I struggle to find a flaw about this place

It was a dream to stay at this hotel. Every detail was perfect. Warm reception (with drinks and snacks) upon arrival, clean room, comfortable bed, luxurious feel, beautiful scenery, attentive staff, excellent restaurant (outdoor, rooftop dining with a view of the valley), relaxing spa (with two different sauna rooms, a jacuzzi, and a spa pool), I can go on and on.

If you're in Assisi, you must visit the Nun. You won't regret it!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank kilion
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Nun Assisi is a very stylish and sophisticated hotel. The room wasn't terribly large, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. I was able to go to the spa for just a short period of time. It was amazing, if a bit intimidating.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynetteCz
Reviewed 27 July 2016

No one would expect a five-star hotel and spa hiding behind the non-descript exterior. Once through the gate, you may not want to leave. We had been there when it had just opened several years ago and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Of course, we had been upgraded to their largest suite and seemed to have most of the place to ourselves including the beautiful gardens and restaurant.
We booked the hotel again this summer. Actually, we came to Assisi to stay at the hotel. Although we enjoyed the Giotto frescos, we did not come this time for the religious Assisi. We came to stay in the hotel and we were not disappointed. The rooms are still spartan but beautifully furnished, the spa is spectacular. The only small disappointment was the restaurant which had been moved to a separate building. True, it had a wonderful view of Assisi and the surrounding countryside, but the food and service were down a notch from what we remember. That may be only because we were almost the only ones eating in the restaurant on our first visit. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel (and restaurant) to anyone coming anywhere near Assisi as a place to take a few days to unwind during what is usually (for an American) a hectic few weeks trying to see as much of Italy as possible.
Lest I forget, the spa was wonderful, both the massages we had and the Nun Path which is located among the ruins of a Roman bath. Who could ask for more.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank savta2007
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Assisi is considered by many the most religious city in the world. As an artist, I go for Giotto. But after having discovered NUN, I now go, religiously, for the incredible food at NUN, the extremely professional and welcoming staff who maintain a transporting atmosphere and the overall feeling or euphoria! The spa is the best, with their unparalleled massage therapists. The rooms are like paradise. Every detail is perfect. Staying at NUN was the first time in my life when everything was absolutely flawless and and beyond perfect. I didn't want to ever leave. I will be back many times.

Room Tip: I loved Room number 8 but I heard, from one of the owner's sons, that room number 1 and 10 were incredible.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We stayed here for three wonderful days. The staff at the hotel are superb and I particularly would like to mention Rocco at the bar. Amazing knowledge of wines, local history, global economics and the world in general - we had several brilliant conversations with him. The rooms are lovely and the spa is incredibly relaxing. Very comfortable beds too! We ate once at the restaurant and it was excellent and good value for money too in terms of the quality of food. Totally recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: A room with a view would be great over the valley.
Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel