Hotels.com
eDreams
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
Prestigia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2019

Highly recommend this hotel. It's location is perfect and staff are great. Rooms are very clean and ours had an amazing outlook, straight at Giotto's Campanile. All our friends back home are stunned when we show them. The breakfast is very good and sets you up perfectly for a busy day in Florence.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

Great hotel! Within walking distance of
Town. Restaurant has great service and amazing food! Rooms are clean and updated. Staff is friendly and helpful with directions, getting transportation and much More. Would def recommend!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Traveled Italy with a car. Here you have free parking in a modern clean hotel with easy morning drive to the train station with ample garage parking. Train takes 30 minutes to downtown Florence. Best, you also can short train rides to Pisa, Lucca, Siena and easy drive to San Gigigliano. Hotel resturant is not affliliated with Hotel but is OK. Groceries next door. Also, museum in town is good. Story of the wicker basket wine bottles. They all come from this town. Nearby is town of Monte Luppo and their ceramics. Museum is great.

PS: Use the provided linen towel on the shower floor to avoid falling on slippery surface. Italy has limited liability laws and slipping here is dangerous.

Room tip: Get the larger room if you have lots of bags.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

This place is a long block away from the Santa Maria Novella train station. Since the roads around the area is currently under construction it is quiet even if I was assigned a room facing the street. They do serve breakfast which is included, and is basically the same food for the 3 days of my stay. I should say it is a pretty nice place.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We ended up here in the middle of the night after a car crash landed us at a nearby hospital. Front desk took my reservation on the phone in good English and was polite and efficient, but not overly friendly. The restaurant staff, however, were really sweet and cooked up pizzas for the kids although they were closing and then made up a tray of breakfast food for us to take to the room when we missed breakfast the next morning.

We had rooms on the ground floor as they were the only ones available. We were told they are for "invalids". I think this means they have special bathrooms with shower areas in the middle and handle bars on the wall for people with mobility problems. I'm not sure how helpful they would be for actual invalids though. The shower in my room was hard to use (sprayed everywhere except on you). However, the one in my son's room was fine. The WC was unusually high. The rooms are lovely, bright and spacious and the beds are comfortable.

We -- 3 kids, husband and I -- literally spent two days in the hotel as my sister was hurt and waiting to be evacuated. There's nothing much by way of entertainment here (no pool, playground, etc) but the kids were quite happy with the TV and pizzas at the restaurant. Front desk was also patient with the boys lingering in the lobby for a bit.

There is a school next door which was having a football competition in the morning so it was a bit noisy but it didn't really bother me. Two supermarkets just steps away, but not many restaurants in the area. I think the best one is in the hotel itself. There is an interesting Chinese fusion restaurant a short walk down the road.

Also a really awesome looking playground 5 minutes away, but it was overgrown with grass and the flying fox was knotted too high. I hope someone sorts that out.

We didn't find out till our last day that this was da Vinci's hometown! All in, we had a lovely stay.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms for invalids, even numbered rooms face a public school field
Date of stay: June 2018