“simply delicious!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Lovely ambience with a spacious feel, good value and an interesting menu - make sure you look at page with the local specialities. Nicola provided excellent service, with helpful advice and even some tips on how to cook the wonderful rosemary potatoes! We had suckling pig and wild boar stew - both delicious - washed down with a very good house red. I would definitely go back when in Siena.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I noticed this restaurant perched on a hill while exploring Siena by day, when my friend showed up and said said have dinner bring 9 Pm and off season I was hoping this place was open as I did not want to go to some famous tourist areas. Everything was amazing and I loved it, I tried another night for diner solo but it was full and the kitchen was closed not even for takeaway. Oh well next time for sure!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We hapened upon this cozy little place in Sienna while we were waiting for another restaurant to open and decided to go in. So glad we did. The boar stew and the Tuscan beans and sausage were delightful. It has a very accessible wine list and the waiter was very helpful in choosing a wine based on what we ordered. The atmosphere was relaxed. Altogether it was our best meal in Sienna.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

My wife and I dined here in mid December during a short visit to Siena. The menu is imaginative, without being too strange. The house wine (white) was excellent and very well priced (€10). The restaurant was quite busy, almost entirely with local clients, but the service was good. We thought it odd that, when I had knocked a glass over and therefore spilled water over our paper place settings, the staff did not notice this, help to mop up the spilled water and replace the settings, but this was only a minor inconvenience, and I dare say if we had asked them for help they would have given it. Writing about this aspect in itself makes it seem more serious than it was!
Overall the experience was good and I would happily return.
We were confused by an online indication of the location, and therefore took a while to find it. It is at the northern end of Via Castelvecchio, very close to Via San Pietro.

1  Thank Timothy L
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

3 months and 16 cities later (most in Italy) and we can count 3 places in the same city where we chose to eat at again. In fact, we made reservations here for the second night before our meal was finished.

Why? It’s always the people - and in this case his name is Ezio. We found this place to be filled with locals. It has an upbeat, no frills vibe and a kitchen that rocks.

We have enjoyed every possible Italian dish these past few months and so when fritto misto is on the menu - for a change and a taste of Florida kind sorta - I order it. Their fried calamari and shrinks and zucchini and eggplant were so incredible I ordered it back to back nights. Yes - it was that good. The batter was so delicate and light - tempura-esque deliciousness.

But mostly - we appreciated and enjoyed meeting and getting to know Ezio. He’s quite a young man and worth introducing yourself to as well. Props to the chef. And this would be a great place to order a very good desert at a reasonable price.

1  Thank TNTATTHEBEACH