“Sushi Surprise Dinner”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Nice! Very good small place. Like a all you can eat but little different. The sushi roll could be with a little more fish than rice but is still good in test. Suggestions: Staff dealing with clients could be more friendly and smile. Remember the client is there to have a good meal and to pay for your salary is not the other way around. After all I put two thumbs up for this place and will eat again here when I have chance.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

You might ask why we even went there? W have been travelling for 3 weeks and wanted something different than Italian cuisine. The restaurant was packed so we thought it must be good, right? And to a degree it was good, we were seated quickly even though we didn't have a booking, by a waiter that spoke English, the only one there that spoke any english. We were offered the special of 20 euro per head and all you can eat, but you could only do it in 1 or 2 orders, you couldn't keep putting in extra orders all night. So we put in our first order and got our first 3 dishes quickly, which were basic gyoza, edemame , fried rice and sushi, then we waited for about 30 minutes to get the other 3 dishes, which came out 1 by 1. We weren't the only ones though.We ordered the teppanyaki squid and gt a few shriveled up squid ring that were tossed in a frying pan, no sauce. The rest of the food was good but very small servings.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

So it's one of those places. Eat cheap and a lot. To be fair, having plenty of choice from the a-la-carte lunch menu, and being able to order as much as you can eat, is a very good deal for 12 euro (drinks not included). I can't find any major fault with the dishes I ordered. Udon noodles were on the greasy side. Chicken skewer was minuscule. Things come in the wrong order. I have to ask for wasabi and ginger for my soy sauce (!). Floor manager is a grunt who has yet to learn basic social skills.

You know, if you're interested in this concept, the fact is you can eat pretty ok japanese and a lot of it. Personally I'm sorry that sushi, which I considered potentially refined food has gone down the student/budget route here in Italy. All these places that offer 'deals' and are fast-in fast-out, meh. They're all the same. And it makes me wonder how you can sell (raw) fish that cheap. But, yeah, if you're short on cash and want a sushi-like experience, it may not be a bad place.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We sat on the patio and were approached by a server who started speaking in Italian to us. We told him we spoke very little Italian, at which he seemed disgusted and walked away.

Five minutes after sitting there we had to go inside and ask for menus since he never came back.

Twenty minutes go by and he still hasn't come back for even a drink order and is blatantly ignoring us, however still bringing food out to the tables around us.

We got up and left with him still never coming back to our table.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I'd recommend you to go to that place if you want to see what a really terrible restaurant is like. The service is so bad it's grotesque.
First, when we walked in, a waiter told us that they're having a late lunch break and that only after that they'll take our order.
We said to ourseleves "well, ok - at least we'll have time to look at our menu". It's also time to mention that they only had one english menu.
Aferwords, when the waiter came to take our order he wasn't speeking english either. Not to mention he berely even spoke Italian.
A friend asked for some sort of noodles with chicken and he got his dish first. Another friend asked for a simple sushi - inside out with avocado and salomon. I asked for a vegetarian dish (and I emphesised it many times to the waiter) of noodles.
The dishes arrived after a very long wait. and also, and here's the part where it gets really exceptional, TWO OUT OF THREE DISHES WERE THE WRONG DISHES. The sushi was with tuna and avocado, and not with salmon, as requested, and I got a completly different dish, which I didn't even recognize, with lots of meat - certainly not vegetarian.
Frustrated, we asked to exchange the sushi dish to the right one, and we gave up on my dish because we were short on time and we had a train to catch.
On top of that all, when the bill arrived, we noticed that they added 2 euoros for each of us because we ate at the place. Needles to say, we refused to pay that because of the horrific service.
Do yourself a favor and never go to that restaurant.