My friend and I were pleased to have stayed at the NH Excelsior during our two night visit to Siena. This hotel was modern, well appointed, and conveniently located. All the main attractions were a fairly short walk away, and the hotel was directly across the street from the bus stop – making traveling to/from Siena a breeze. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful, and spoke fluent English. The breakfast buffet, included in our room rate, was excellent! It offered a large variety of hot and cold food items, along with many beverage options. My friend and I both agreed that we definitely will consider staying at the NH Excelsior again when we return to Siena.
Positive attributes about this property you should consider before booking this hotel:
1. Modern well appointed hotel. The main hotel entrance was nicely decorated.
2. Good location. Fairly close to main attractions. Directly across the street from the bus stop.
3. We were pleasantly greeted by helpful and cheerful English speaking hotel staff upon arrival, check-in, during our stay, and at check-out.
4. Breakfast was included in our room rate; which offered a large variety of hot and cold food items, along with many beverage options.
5. The room included an individual air conditioning/heating control. Alternatively, if you preferred fresh air, the window partially opened, but it did not include a screen.
6. As with most European accommodations, a bidet was standard.
7. The shower contained an eco-friendly shower head.
8. A hairdryer was included in the washroom; which conveniently was used to de-fog the steamed up washroom mirror.
9. The washroom included a makeup mirror.
10. Both of us enjoyed the complimentary body wash, shampoo, and conditioner.
11. The room included a medium size flat screen TV, which sat on one corner of the room’s desk.
12. A desk and chair were available for working. However, the TV occupied a portion of the desk space.
13. Both of us agreed our room was peaceful and quiet.
14. The mattress, pillows, and linens were comfortable and modern.
15. Someone on the hotel staff was thinking when they added Velcro around the outer edges of the window curtains to secure them to the wall. This improvement helped keep light out; particularly for light sensitive guests. Kudos to the hotel staff for this added touch!
16. An in-room safe was available to store your valuables. It was uniquely secured/programmed using your credit or debit card’s magnetic strip. I recommend you bring a credit or debit card with you to activate the in-room safe!
17. The room contained a small refrigerator/mini bar.
18. The guest room key was required to turn on the lights and power outlets; which was a nice energy saving feature.
19. WiFi was complimentary. However, both of us experienced intermittent problems accessing the internet when relaxing in our room.
20. The elevators are extremely quiet and modern.
21. A small gym was available for guest use.
22. The hotel had conference rooms (I assume for rent/hire/an additional fee); perhaps they were available for weddings, celebrations, conferences, business meetings, etc.
Unfavorable attributes about this property you should consider before booking this hotel:
1. Individuals with more demanding physical limitations, I recommend you contact the hotel to ensure the staff can accommodate your needs prior to booking. For example, I believe the hotel might accommodate wheelchairs. I realize this hotel is located in Europe, and United States law is not applicable. However, I am fairly confident the door handles throughout the hotel, including access to guest rooms, were not compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); as their shape was round. Although such a small detail may not appear to matter, round door handles can provide an entry barrier for some guests with physical limitations; as they are not easily grasped or turned.
2. For such a modern hotel, I was surprised to discover the washroom did not have adequate ventilation and/or an exhaust fan to remove steam and odors. Consequently, the washroom mirror steamed up. We resorted to using the washroom hair dryer to de-fog the mirror.
3. The surface of the bathtub/shower combo was slippery, and did not contain a non-slip shower mat or other non-slip liner.
4. As with many European designed bathtub/shower combinations, the elevation of the bathtub was much higher than the traditional American standard. I felt that I needed a step stool to enter and exit the bathtub, and I was particularly concerned about falling because of the slippery surface.
5. When the toilet was flushed, using either the full or partial flush mode, it consistently left toilet paper remnants in the bowl.
6. The washroom had very little counter space to store multiple toiletry bags.
7. Our room had an abundance of lighting options. In fact, we occasionally felt the lighting was a bit too intense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond the rolling hills and plentiful olive groves of the sweeping Tuscan countryside, Siena's NH Siena (previously NH Excelsior) welcomes visitors with a striking blend of natural elegance and historic charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your NH Siena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Excelsior Siena
- Nh Excelsior Hotel Siena