“TUSCAN”

Il Biondo
Ranked #113 of 578 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blondie is a charming and elegant restaurant located in the city center of Siena, a short walk from Piazza del Campo.
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Very friendly and efficient service of local food .
Lamb to be recommended as is the sea bass cooked in oven with finely sliced potatoes and tomato .
However when in Tuscany share the grilled, aged and marbled, Fiorentina steak , excellent and recommended for 2 .
House wine perfectly acceptable and excellent grappa

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Good food, fair prices, good atmosphere, good service. It’s nice to order spaghetti carbonara in Italy, it’s the best. Add a side of grilled vegetables and you’re there.
Recommended.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

While walking through Siena one night we thought this restaurant looked very inviting. The menu looked great and the host was very friendly so we made a reservation for the next night. For some reason, it just didn't live up to our expectations. The food and service were fine -- not bad, but not excellent. And the prices were rather high so we were a bit disappointed.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We sat in the lovely outdoor terrace for dinner. I was not especially hungry so I ordered the salad with lettuce, cheese and dried meat. It was fine and a nice portion. My husband ordered the lamb chops which he said were delicious. However, they were three 'popcorn' lamb chops...very small...really expensive for what was served and not really enough for a dinner. On the plus side, the service was excellent. While we were there, a gentleman at the next table ordered fish. The waitress arrived with a whole fish and set it on a separate table. She then began to fillet it with the expertise of a top surgeon. It was beautiful to watch. We are going to be in Siena for the month so I think we might go back and try the restaurant again. Perhaps to try the fish.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

So I was the only one here. Three waiters. A couple sits down a few minutes after me and the waiter takes their order. I ask about ordering the other two say she is the only one who can take my order. She is taking her time pouring their wine. I have been here twenty minutes and judging sitting here horrible. Would not recommend