All reviewsthe busnice terracerooms are cleanitalian breakfastfantastic stayperfect locationnutellacitytuscanypaliocountryside
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

The staff was so helpful. We arrived before check-in time and they offered us a free breakfast. For dinner, we wanted to cook pasta and they help us finding all the material needed. They also made our dishes after. We had difficulties to reserve our next hostel so they called for us. Beds were very confortable and the place was really quiet. At our departure, one of the guys who worked there offered me a big plastic bag to protect my backpack of the rain.
We walked to the train station and it was not a big deal at all. Buses to get to the center are very friendly user.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We`ve arrived to Siena by train. This hostel is rather far from the station. The hostel is far to the center too, but possible by foot. Next day we got to San Gimingano. It`s more comfortable from here: the stop is just oppposite. Very frienly staff. Attractive, bright design. I would say youth design. The prices are focused on youth The prices are focused on youth too. A good choice for unpretentious travellers.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My friend and I booked 2 nights at the Siena Hostel Guidoriccio. At first, I was reluctant to stay in a hostel. We had been staying in apartments, through Airbnb. I kept thinking that for a few more dollars each, we could have stayed in a hotel.

I was happily surprised by our stay. First, the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. We checked in and got all sorts of information (and a map) about how to get to the older part of Siena, by bus. The local McDonald's became a very valued landmark (I'll explain later). We were given our bedding and went to our room. The room was adequate and clean. The bathroom was just down the hall.

The hostel has some nice amenities. They have washers and a dryer (which I needed because I had to take damp clothes from the last place) breakfast and dinner are served and they have bikes for rent. I didn't eat dinner at the hostel, however, I did eat breakfast. The breakfast consists of cereal, milk, juice, coffee/tea/hot chocolate and croissants. And Abraham, the resident, very cute dog, was ever present. The break-room/dining room was light and airy and had a tv and sound system. It too was clean and inviting.

The hostel is only a few blocks from 1 bus line, while the other is just in the back.The McDonald's landmark helped us to get the right bus, back to the hostel after our day in old-town Siena. I don't speak Italian, but the bus driver understood "Do you go past the McDonalds?" to which he said no and waved us in the direction of the right bus back to the hostel.

There were a lot of students and older people at the hostel. For $24/per person/night it's the perfect spot if you want to save money. During my trip, I was barely in my hotel/apartment room. I was able to save some bucks by staying in the hostel. You can't go wrong at the Siena Hostel Guidoriccio.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I've stayed in quite a number of hostels in different countries, but this is the one I probably had worst experience in. The general condition of the bathrooms was very poor - the ones I saw were old and dirty. Also, the security of the rooms needs to be improved, as there was a random guy who entered our room with his key card, which is unacceptable. The manager I talked to expressing my concerns seemed not very much interested. There's a lot of work to be done in this hostel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2017

whenever I go to Siena a really prefer to spend some time in siena hostel,my total staying is almost a month now :-D
it is friendly,nice,cute, lovely,jaz and street music in the lobby , picnic in toscana area, daily trips, cheap rental bikes,italian breakfast,nice apperativo, barbecue ::
wonderful bar tender, Dear Piero and Claudio, and unique, outgoing Manager Pierluca, and others,::
it takes 5-10 minutes to Gramchi bus station by bus, and the bus stop just in front of the hostel, there are also some restaurants, bar, pizzeria super close to the hostel

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends