All reviews wonderful boutique hotel hand painted ceilings massive bathroom sapphire room diamond suite car valet tiny lift reception and breakfast room valet service location is great beautiful balcony jacuzzi tub separate bedroom the bus spent wonderful nights helpful in every way small hotel
Reviewed 3 October 2018

This is a comfortable, well located, small hotel in the centre of Siena. We enjoyed our stay, but there we a few rough edges.On arrival we found that we could not use an iron as, according to the warning, they are “Not supported by our electrical systems and serious damage and or fire may occur.” Apart from being inconvenient, the suggestion about the safety of the electrical system is alarming in what was not an inexpensive hotel.Secondly, cleaning is scheduled between 8:30 and 1pm. This may be convenient for the hotel and not unreasonably if the room is being vacated, but to have staff on two occasions knocking on the door to clean the room before we had left the room in the morning was not appreciated, especially as there is no “Do not disturb” sign.Finally, there was a misunderstanding with a staff member one morning at breakfast, language being the issue. While a minor matter to us, this lady, after being initially friendly and engaging, seemed to take offence and avoided us for the remainder of our stay. While unfortunate, we also found this unprofessional for a hotel that stated that they want to be number one on TripAdvisor.

1  Thank TimOZ
RELAISDEGLIANGELI, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Mr Timothy,
I hope you are fine.

Excuse me but I had to peek at your profile photos to figure out who you are!
I remember you very well and I really thought your stay was more than pleasant.

Personally I do not think that a member of our staff may have been offended or otherwise, for a simple misunderstanding ... we know our guests so well especially when their stays last a few days and I do not remember that there were unpleasant incidents, but I will worry about to verify.

The breakfast moment is a gift we give our guests, usually, indeed always, we laugh, we joke ... it's beautiful!
If something went wrong I'm very sorry.
Regarding the iron it is impossible to use it, it's so by regulation, and must be respected, also because our laundry service is the most appropriate thing for our service and for a high level structure.

For next time in your next hotel I advise you to confide to the reception every question or 'impression' and I am sure that every serious hotel will be able to please you, during your stay.

All the best and I hope to see you again in Siena!

Greetings

Reviewed 23 September 2018

This property well positioned in Siena and good location.

Our stay at this hotel was unfortunately negative due to sudden breakdown of our air conditioning system which resulted in unpleasant night of rest.

Beware of this before finalizing your stay.

Room Tip: make certain ac and other utilities working
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael g
RELAISDEGLIANGELI, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear mr Michael

as you well know we have done our best to resolve a sudden failure of your AC system, which took place on Saturday evening.
The hotel was fully booked and it was not impossible to change rooms!
It was necessary to change a piece and it was impossible to do it in a few hours, during Saturday evening or on Saturday night, before your departure on Sunday morning.

Maybe a fan was not enough,
but we believed (view your prepaid reservation) that discounting the cost of laundry and offering a big discount on the next stay could be a kind gesture on our part to make our sincere apologies.
These are things that can happen!
We know our work every day and every guest is important to us.
A sudden breakdown is a part of a stay with us... we are especially sorry that you did not appreciate everything else
(except for the central position!).

Every guest is free to express his judgment and we do not have problems to feel honest and in peace with our responsibilities,
we wish it for you too.

We wish you all the best and I hope to see again in Siena,
again our apologies.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and found the hotel pretty much perfect....
Awesome location, very nice room, great service. Doesn’t really get better than that. My tip is to request upper floor unit with balcony (I think there is only two) as it was very relaxing at night sipping a glass of wine and rehashing the days activities

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RELAISDEGLIANGELI, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for your positive review on Tripadvisor!

I'm really glad to read that you appreciated the location, our service and our rooms!
Looking forward to welcoming you at your next time in Siena!

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We loved everything. Clean, quiet, large, excellent staff and great food. I would stay there again without hesitation. It is located right in the heart of Siena and you can easily walk to all parts of this charming city.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RELAISDEGLIANGELI, Receptionist at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for leaving this positive feedback on Trip Advisor!

We are really happy that you enjoyed all the aspects of Relais degli Angeli!
The location is perfect for visiting Siena by walk, and although it is in the historic center it is very quiet.
Our rich breakfast buffet offers different varieties of high quality food every day!

We will welcome you again without hesitation!

My best regards,

Bianca Maria Lecchini

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We stayed in the top floor apartment which was great with loads of space and facilities. It’s bang in the centre of Siena. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the car valet as it would be a pain otherwise getting your luggage to the accomodation.

Room Tip: Ask how the light switches work.

Dear guest,
thank you for reviewing our Luxury Love Apartment!

The elegant apartment has been recently renovated and is dedicated to all guests looking for a charming accommodation in the heart of the city.
Located on the top floor of our luxurious period residence, it is suitable for enjoying all the intimacy and comfort of a private apartment, but also the excellent facilities of the building as a whole.

Our staff is always available to satisfy every request of the customer, and our Car Valet service is really good to have the car safe in the garage and to be able to request it whenever you need.

Greetings from Siena,