“Hidden pearl”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Nice small and coy place, little terrace bit hidden up the stairs lose to south gate. Good reception moving some tables together for our partyof six. Excellent winemenu at very reasanable prices. G oodchoise of 6 to7 dishes per categorie. Had an really excellent parpadelle al ragu asprimmi piatti. Folowedby an osso bucco....honestly oneof the best i everate! And that is probably even underestimated. Accompanied bya real good and tsty amarone, valpoliccella ripaso. Host is multi lingual and is in hisway a charmer and helpfull. A real goodadress. Will be back. Not expe sive. Total of120 € forparty of six, wine and coffee included.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank B0bG66
Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We were looking for the church of Madonna and came across this amazing place. Beautiful atmosphere in the piazza. The food was absolutely delious. Melt in your mouth pasta and a fantastic owner who was very friendly & welcoming. One of the best meals we had in Italy!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We were strolling around San Gimignano looking for somewhere to eat from among the tremendous choice of Restaurants in the town. We were not looking for a big meal and settled on the main course and sweet. This is a small intimate setting set back from the Main drag. The small pieces of meat cooked in Chianti with Black Peppercorns were delicious. I also enjoyed the Tiramisu.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We had a great dinner here. I think it was the owner who waited on us - an older guy with a great personality. We kept telling him our food was delicious and he kept saying "I know!" We all ordered different entrees and all of them were really good. My husband and aunt both tried the gnocchi. I wanted to taste it and had to steal a bite from my aunt's plate. The owner saw this and looked at my husband and asked why he made me try my aunt's food at the other end of the table. He said "Is this your wife?" My husband said "Yes." The man said "Divorce!" Everyone cracked up. We had such a great dinner in this tiny little restaurant. Would absolutely recommend!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here without a booking and couldn't have been more impressed with the service and the food.
We shared a bistecca florentina as well as some sides. It was perfectly cooked and enough for 2 people being 1kg.
We sat outside in a little court yard on a beautiful night, had a lovely bottle of house red (€9), and felt like we had the perfect night.
I recommend this place highly. We saw several people decide to wait to get an outside table.....and I can say if you don't mind sitting for 15mins the wait is worth it.

Date of visit: May 2017