1,491 results
All reviewsvilla san paolowonderful spaheated indoor outdoor poolspa areabeautiful hoteltuscan countrysidestunning viewsbalcony overlookingrooms are largeolive groveslovely roomsan gimignano in the distanceshort driveyogurtgaetanoflorencesauna
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Beautiful hotel with great views if you are on the higher floors, with a balcony. You need a car to go to San Gimignano, and the parking will cost. It's also hard to find parking.
Nice Spa. For a fee.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room with a balcony and a view. In the new building. No coffee maker in the room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LUIGI Z, Direttore at Villasanpaolo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

signora Naomi , the warmest regards from Villasanpaolo to you and family. and my personal gratitude for your stay with us and for your so gentle feedback. Thank you for your autumn vacation in Tuscany , and hope to welcome you soon in sincere friendliness, yours Luigi Zaccardi

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Everything you can ever want in a fine hotel is here..great staff with a desire to please, a location that is in the middle of Tuscany and a beautiful property with tremendous views of the classical country side.

Mr. Luigi Zarcardi and his staff are simply the best in hospitality. They are experts in the region and will give you valuable recommendations for things to do and see.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

dear signor Abruzzo and family , all our appreciation for your words and feedback for your autumn vacation with us at Villasanpaolo. Sincerely happy , colleagues and myself , that you enjoyed italian/tuscan hospitality at the best. Which is our duty and mission to all Visitors worldwide ; and which is a double-pleasure when Guests are so gentle and friendly as yourself and famiglia !
hope to welcome back your new tuscan holidays , yours cordially , Luigi Zaccardi

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

We would give 6 stars if we could. We are here now, day 3 of 5. Our children gave us this vacation for our Anniversary. This is my first time in Italy. We love it here. We are staying on the first floor of a restored Villa, facing the pool that is surrounded by rolling hills with vineyards after vineyards, all the way into the horizon. Nestled among this majestic view is the city of San Gimignano. Our vist there was one of our favorite days here. There are so many reasons to stay here. We don't speak any italian, but the staff here does. The go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. FRANCO and MICHAELA at the front desk are wonderful and patient with this silly American couple. Franco even had to rescue me when I locked my self in the bathroom. Apparently I didn't know how to properly use the old fashioned skeleton key. As I said they have been great. The have helped us plan our day and give us easy to follow directions. We rented a car in Florence and drove here. We also rented the GPS which I highly recommend. The drive was easy and breathtaking. Italy has been my "bucket list trip" for many years. Tuscany, in person, is beyond words. Villa San Paolo is a perfect place to be. We've taken day trips each day. Today we go on a vineyard tour that Michaela arranged for us.
Each morning we start out with their complimentary breakfast buffet. The food is elegantly displayed and the is everything! Eggs, various meats, pastries, croissants, breads, brushettas, friuts, yogurts, cereals, juices, and a machine that makes every kind of coffee, espresso, lattes, cappuccino etc. You sit in their elegant dining room with the majestic panoramic views. Quite breathtaking! Our room is spacious, high ceilings, shutters that open to large windows and patio. The bathroom is very beautiful too. All tile that sparkles, large corner jacoozzi, even a bidet. It is a pleasure to end our eventful and busy day, sipping the delicious local wine, looking out onto our private patio. Thank you to our waitess, Barbara, for her kindness each time we see her. She has a great smile. I will attach a few photos. They just don't give this wonderful place the justice it deserves.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathyRN61

dear signora Cathy , please let me tell you it has been a special pleasure your stay here with husband on occasion of your Anniversary , so kindly organized by your children!
And by all means a special Welcome to Italy to you ! Franco - Michela - Barbara and 42 more colleagues of mine in our Villasanpaolo Team wish to say GRAZIE MILLE ! for your kindness and for accepting our information and suggestion. We feel responsability in assuring a good time and discoveries during a vacation , and especially during Celebration so important like yours, with personal friendliness and regards from us all, Luigi Zaccardi

Reviewed 4 October 2015

There is a wide range of rooms in this hotel. Our room had to have been one of the worst. The room itself wasn't really bad but it was on the third floor in what looked like the attic. I couldn't believe the windows - very very tiny so little daylight entered the room. Claustrophobic actually. Some others in our group had large rooms with large windows, a balcony & a few even had sitting areas. I'm sure they were happy but I can only speak for my experience.
Long line for coffee in the morning. Surely hotels (not just this one) can afford another machine?
The staff was pleasant, the room was clean and the grounds are lovely. The location is inconvenient if you don't have a car.

Room Tip: Just don't accept a room on the third floor of the "annex".
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Barb , thank you for your stay with us , sincerely and I hope you will have occasion to come back soon. Just a couple of information , useful to solve any possible doubt : in regard of room as you know we have a selection of different options , but your Group Operator did make a specific choice for specific rooms and exclusive use of historic house named LA VILLA, including highest floor where corner rooms have 2 windows each , of medium size - suggestion in this case is to ask if a different accommodation is available . in regard of breakfast , you are welcome to use the automated coffee-machine with 12 different options of cafeteria and fresh milk/chocolates , or more simply take sit and ask Waiters your preference , to be served at table . We rather prefer express-made cafeteria than putting lots of coffee/milk -pots on tables. As you kindly confirm , Staff is very attentive and available , and we hope to welcome you back soon, cordially yours, Luigi Zaccardi

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Near San Gimgnano with a nice restaurant and a great breakfast buffet. Our room was large with a great bathroom and balcony. The staff is vary friendly and attentive. Had a bad experience in the spa. Nothing is perfect!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

dear signor Donald , thank you most sincerely for your stay with us in late summer and for your comments and appreciation . At same degree , I am sorry that something did go wrong at SPA , a facility at Villasanpaolo where we try to be at all times at the best . Please accept my apologies . In case you wish to write privately details to my attention , or to attention of supervisors Lia or Michela , please feel free to do so . Hope to welcome you back soon , Luigi Zaccardi and Team