Lowest prices for your stay
US$98
Free cancellation until 24/06/21
Orbitz.comUS$98
eDreamsUS$98
TravelocityUS$98
All reviews tuscan countryside private balcony reception staff spectacular views yogurt cisterna piazza town region
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

This little hotel, situated in the center of San Gimignano, offers clean and spacious rooms. The view it’s marvelous, facing the typical rustic roofs and the wide Tuscan nature. We won’t suggest its restaurant. If you’re coming by car, it would be difficult for you to find a parking, especially during the high season. However, if you’re coming by motorbike, they will offer you a free spot for parking in their back courtyard. Perfect position in town if you want to stroll around streets and main attractions.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Celi-and-Nico
Cristiana Margheri, Proprietario at La Cisterna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2020

Thank you for the positive feed back.
All our best regards, the staff and the family

Reviewed 7 September 2020

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Cisterna. We had room at the back of the hotel which had a wonderful view of the surrounding countryside that is absolutely beautiful.
Our room was nice and clean and well equipped although it did seem strange to have a kettle in the room but no coffee or tea. If wifi is important to you to watch a film in the evening be aware that our room had a low signal. I think they need to invest in a decent mesh system.
Breakfast was a covid affair so we had to pre choose our meals. It was sufficient but nothing special: the usual fare, muesli, yoghurt and fruit but I would have like to see something hot, freshly prepared. At least the cappuccino was made by the waiter instead of a machine.
We were staying half board so we also ate in the restaurant in the evening. Service was mostly good. The food was decent enough, but if it wasn't included in the price I wouldn't have eaten there again. For each course there is 3-4 options which is ok I guess but I would have liked to see some daily specials,

Date of stay: September 2020
Cristiana Margheri, Proprietario at La Cisterna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2020

Thank for your suggestions and your feedback. We hope to welcome you soon again and we send you all our best regards, the staff and the family

Reviewed 8 August 2020 via mobile

I’ve just checked in and I am writing a review right now because I am so happy! I doubt anything can go wrong during my stay - I am in heaven!

What a gem this hotel is! I’ve got the cutest little one person hotel room, with a private balcony and views over the Tuscany hills which are out of a dream!

The building and the room have so much personality, you could almost imagine them speaking to you. I’ve even got beautiful hand painted furniture in the room - a work of art.

A fridge is provided, perfect for keeping your own chilled Vernaccia wine (only found in this region) and chilled delicious fruit which you can buy from the town.

The hotel is centrally located, in Piazza Cisterna. And yet so quiet and peaceful (at least my room is). A lot of amazing gelato places and a great choice of restaurants and shops just in front of the hotel.

This is room 96, I’ve added some photos.

For these reasonable prices, this hotel is a bargain and a real find. I recommend!

I read a lot of reviews before arriving and some people commented on the unfriendliness of the reception staff. Nothing like this happened to me. By the contrary, the lady at the reception was very friendly and welcoming. A good start of my stay here.

Also, the room is very clean, smells great and has good quality looking cosmetics in the bathroom.

What more can I say... Check out my photos.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank angelav15121983
Cristiana Margheri, Proprietario at La Cisterna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2020

Dear Angela, we can jsut say GRAZIE GRAZIE GRAZIE for this lovely review. We ae so happy you will keep a good memory of your stay and we hope to welcome you back again. All our best regards, the staff and the family

Reviewed 31 October 2019

This is the ideal hotel for San Gimignano. It's right in one of the town's 2 adjacent central piazzas, and the views of the Tuscan countryside below are literally incomparable! We stayed there for 4 nights. We had our breakfasts (good selection of hot and cold treats!) in the dining room with spectacular views on 2 sides. Our room was very comfortable and perfectly clean (as was the entire hotel). chambermaid service was excellent (and unobtrusive). The reception staff was wonderful – particularly Alessio, Cristiana, and Silvia. They helped so much. I can't say we had any problems, but they helped us with top-notch restaurant suggestions, taxis, and shopping recommendations. Loved it all! A great hotel in Italy's most perfectly preserved medieval hill town.

Room tip: We loved our rooms looking out on the Tuscan countryside below,
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank dantefortysix
Cristiana58, Proprietario at La Cisterna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2019

Thank you very much for the great review and the lovely words used to describe our Hotel and our staff. A special thanks from all of us and expecially from Alessio, Cristiana and Silvia!
Hoping to welcome you soon again we send you all our best regards, the staff and the family

Reviewed 15 October 2019

Though it's a bit of a walk uphill through the medieval streets of San Gimignano, hotel la Cisterna is worth getting to. It's located in one of the two central squares, with views of the cathedral and towers from the front, as well as "la cisterna" in the middle of the square. Our rooms at the back had a fantastic view over the beautiful Tuscan countryside. the food in the restaurant was varied as well as having many typical Tuscan dishes, with a good wine list. The food was so good that we ate three out of our four main meals there. The staff were always friendly and helpful and breakfast was as varied as you could wish.

Room tip: rooms at the back of the hotel have fantastic views, but if you prefer enjoying the life of the town, rooms at the front would be great.
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Philip A
Cristiana58, Proprietario at La Cisterna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2019

Thank you very much for your nice review and for the lovely comment about our Hotel and Restaurant. We hope to welcome you agian soon and we send you all our best regards from San Gimignano