“One of my best places to bring my guests in Tuscany” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fattoria san Donato

Fattoria san Donato
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine-tours, wine-tasting , oil-tasting Guided tours to our organic traditional winery and to the vineyards, with full details about vineyards and all the making-procedures of the wines . Tour olive wood area. Taste of our products: wines (vernaccia di san gimignano chianti colli senesi, rosso di san gimignano, vinsanto) extra-virgin oliveoil, grappa, spelt, chick-peas ancient varieties of vegetables, zafferano .
Lajatico, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of my best places to bring my guests in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

Hi, My name is Marzia Borghi and I'm an Environmental Guide of Tuscany; after many years guiding , the Fattoria di San Donato is one of my favourite places to go and eat, where the old Countryside traditons are still alive here with quality.

2 Thank tuscanyunplugged

• Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

We didn't stay on-site, but we did spend 2 hours with the owners touring the grounds and tasting their wines. They were wonderful! Our hotel down the road, Hotel Pescille (also GREAT!) recommended stopping in here and we couldn't have been happier. They were eager to tell us all about their vineyards, the climate and the ground in the area - then had us taste several of their wines. Very reasonable prices, so we bought a few bottles.

2 Thank NatalieJaneR
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little slice of Tuscan Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

This picturesque farm, located near San Gimignano, is a must stop for a taste of the locally grown Vernaccia wine. Umberto and Frederica have done a wonderful job of bringing this old farm back to life. Their pride is evident during a simple wine tasting where you will have the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Just wandering around this tiny hamlet is truly an enjoyable experience. They do have rooms and apartments for rent that are also very nice. They are only located about 3 miles from San Gimignano and the surrounding countryside will almost make you cry with its beauty. I always bring my Italy With Friends small group tours here and it is always loved by all.

1 Thank ItalyWithFriendsTour
London
“Wine tasting in San Gimignano”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

About 5min drive from San Gimignano, this tiny village offers both accommodation and wine tasting.
We visited for the wine tasting and enjoyed great friendly and informative tasting of a selection of fair wines.
With car transport from San Gimignano, simply take the road south to Volterra from the main round about.