“Great food, great place, great atmosphere!”
Review of Big Jo

Big Jo
Ranked #24 of 170 Restaurants in Piombino
Price range: US$6 - US$46
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Vecchia Pizzeria Piombinese, Forno A Legna E Farine Toscane Per Gli Impasti Con Tanti Piatti Della Cultura Toscana ,ben Rapporto Qualità Prezzo , Prodotti Di Zona E Teniamo Molto Alla Stagione Delle Materie Prime .
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Big Jo has fab pizza (baked to perfection in the mushroom shaped oven) and local dishes. Try the seafood-starter and the beef-rucola-salad - delish! So is all the other food.

Prices are cheap and the service is really cute and nice.

Enjoy sitting outside and observing the city's evening hubbub.

The owner - Big Jo - speaks English and German and is a internationally renowned chef who returned to his hometown of Piombino to open this great traditional and down-to-earth trattoria/pizzeria. Thanks to that!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I'm Italian and I travel a lot especially abroad. One thing that I miss always is a good Italian pizza. As usual when I'm traveling also Sunday I've taken a look to TripAdvisor to find some good food. I travelling from Elba island to North of Italy and was looking for a good meal with family. Nothing really special but quick and good.... PIZZA! I've checked one place but was closed, we met some locals and they given some indication for Big Joe as one of the better pizza of Piombino. Let's try this... And I'm in Italy.. pizza is always good... WRONG!

We enter at 19:30 we exit at 21:00.
Long wait, 6 pizza arrived 2 by 2 at distance of 10 minutes. When last pizza arrived half of the table already finished.
The pasta of the pizza was not well cooked and raw material of topping was really cheap.
Beer was not very good (maybe an issue with the tank) but wine was horrible. Really a crap dinner.
Unique good point, the girl that manage the order and payment really kind and prepared.... But was the only one and is not enough.

I'll never be back here and I can't understand other review talking about this place.... Maybe fish and the rest is good... For all of us Pizza was very bad...

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This was just what the doctor ordered. A very good pizza place with excellent wait staff and welcoming atmosphere. Prices were reasonable and the big mushroom pizza oven was a good touch.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

A very good Margherita takeaway pizza from here - the best in my week's trip around Tuscany. Pleasant quick service. Fine flavour.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

It might be the stress but the staff was not super nice. We ordered 2 different first courses and it seemed they'd prefer if we choose the same one, they insisted twice asking if we wanted the same dish.
The food was ok, regarding risotto and pasta, not the best the fried calamari.

1  Thank Polakidis T