Blue Shades Apart Hotel
NH Pisa(Pisa)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspisa airportmin maxhandy hotelone nightpedestrian crossingrooms are greatleaning towermin walkstayed longeran overnight staymain attractionsproximitykitchenettecupboardkettlemirrorfacilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Book for good location, spacious and cleanliness in pictures.
On arrival, told the room we booked that day, wasn't available.
You can literally see the springs coming out of the mattress and therefore the 3 of us had an awful night's sleep for the sum of 150 euro.
The staff called our room at 9pm when we were all asleep to pay our bill. They woke us all, including baby (!) and wouldn't give up until I went and paid. I have no understanding as to why as we could pay in the morning.
There is a hob in the bedroom - it does not work.
There is a key for the list to get to the car park - it does not work and I just stuck outside at 6am getting nappies from the car (underground car park).
I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is advertised as 4* but it really isn't it's a 3* at a push. There are no leisure facilities or restaurants on site and even though it is a relatively new hotel/ recently refurbished it is already very shabby.

The hotel is located close to the airport and train station, which is convenient, but that is the only positive thing about this place.
I paid for a luxury double room, but it wasn't luxury. You'd be better off sticking with economy or standard if you had to stay at this hotel.
The first room we were given had a terrible smell similar to sewage coming from it. We asked for another room but the only one they had available was a twin room, I couldn't deal with the smell so accepted it. I was of the impression that the alternative room was suppose to be luxury as well as after all that's what I had paid for. But it certainly wasn't and since complaining about the hotel due to numerous issues I've been told it was just a standard room but wasn't provided a refund for the difference in room prices.

Very disappointed with the hotel and it's false advertisement.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
BlueShadesApartHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Shades Apart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Guest,

as we have already told you we are not furtune tellers. Guest needs are the first thing for us so we search to know them before the guest but we are not fortune tellers and you Madame have never, repeat, never, told us those problems during the stay smiling us like everything was okay and telling us that you were tankfull for your room change. We have cameras If you need to see that what I am writing is true... It is easy now ask for a refund that is not up to you. In future, when you are going to stay in a Hotel, try to speak with the staff, maybe it is the way to search a solution.

Regards
Your favourite Hotel

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We stayed there for a day before our flight back home, the hotel has excellent staffs, and the room was nice a large.
The hotel is located approx 5 min walk from the airport and 30 minutes the city center, which is easily commutable.
There is a parking space next to the hotel if you have a car.

Totally recommended.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Great location - almost at the airport. While it's quite a basic hotel, the room was very comfortable and it was absolutely fine for the evening. I arrived late and the staff member who let me in gave me a coissant at no cost when I bought a bottle of water. The only thing that was a bit inconvenient was that that I wasn't able to park in the carpark under the hotel as I couldn't get a ticket from the machine and didn't know why. It turns out you have to check in and then get something that lets you go down to the car park which is inconvenient.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stayed in this hotel for one night before flying back to the UK from Pisa airport. Its a well located hotel for this purpose being only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the terminal, even for a 61 year old pulling two suitcases. The room we had was clean and quite large with a table and chairs for two and a fridge, sink and hob for cooking, not that we did any cooking! The beds were comfortable and there was little or no road noise in room 202, however the air conditioning was a little louder than I like. Within a very short walk there are a couple of bars and cafes serving good value food. If you want to see the sites of Pisa then the city centre (and train station) is about 10 minutes walk away and the cathedral and famous tower about a further 10 minutes. Here you'll find more expensive cafes and restaurants catering for the the many tourists. Overall this is a good place to stay for a day or two when arriving or leaving Pisa by air or train, and next time we need somewhere to stay we will use it again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple