All reviews the main hotel pisa tower annex building four poster one night poster bed perfect location train station minute walk beautiful hotel lovely garden stone's throw lovely room the ground floor quadruple room shuttle service to the airport lam rossa
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent service at this hotel with friendly staff who are clearly used to a large volume of guests, the majority of whom appeared to be staying for one night possibly at the beginning of end of a trip. Location is perfect for the major sites of Pisa and the free parking is a bonus as well. Worth noting that the hotel offers a shuttle bus service to Pisa airport. We stayed in the annex and the room was ok. I imagine the rooms in the main hotel were nicer. However our ground floor room in the annex had a door leading on to the garden where drinks were available. Very nice. Breakfast was included although fairly limited. The friendly waiting staff will bring you a cappuccino though if you ask.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank SpaTravellers22
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We stayed in a room in the annex for one night, July 30th, and did not have any problems at all. Our room was on the first floor, but perhaps further from the street than John T's, and we did not have any problem with noise. Perhaps we were too tired from our overnight flight from the US, but I doubt if that was all of it... The one block separation of the Annex from the main hotel building was a slight hassle - we had to walk over there for our breakfast - but our treatment by the staff in both spaces was courteous and helpful. When we were leaving they got us to the train station promptly in the hotel vehicle, I believe. Our breakfast was good, if not exceptional. Far better than most US hotel breakfasts! It is the tourist district - just a few feet from the entrance to the Campo, the Leaning tower, etc., so there are a lot of vendors around, but we didn't find them overly aggressive.

Room tip: Our annex room was OK, but I imagine rooms in the main building, and on upper floors would be preferable.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights after a 2 week holiday in Rome and The Cinque Terre, so this was a great last stop for our trip. Hotel very closely located to the Leaning Tower, hence its name!!

Very friendly , lovely room, clean and welcoming with lovely 4 poster.
Breakfast was very good, lots of choice, all very nice and peaceful and calm to eat breakfast in their lovely garden.

Room tip: Very close to the Leaning Tower but in a quiet calm street
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on July 29th for 1 night at the end of a long road trip , the main hotel is lovely however the annex is a completely different building at the end of the street and across the road and is more like a halfway house. I was aware I was in the annex but I at least expected to be in the same class of hotel but I was not. The area has lots of homeless people and street sellers but the main hotel is safe and gated. The main hotel has a lovely quit and relaxed atmosphere, lovely grounds and does a lovely breakfast, however kid you not, if your booked in the annex you get ushered down the street and across the Main Street to the annex which is an old building facing right on the street, no staff at night and so much noise. I will say, the room was clean and had no problem in that respect but the noise is Terrible. I for one could sleep anywhere no problem but in room1, right by the front door and right it on the Main Street you hear the door slam every time you open and close it and at 6am the street cleaners are out with bin wagons and road sweepers.
The hotel are fully aware of the noise in this room but as I notice get very defensive of negative reviews but I kid you not, stay in this room and you will not sleep.
Before writing this review I emailed the hotel to voice my opinion and see if we could resolve the issue after complaining to the staff and they have not replied. I booked it through booking.com and they said I didn’t even check in meaning I couldn’t even leave a review as it shows my booking as cancelled.
In my conclusion, it’s a nice hotel but do not under any circumstances stay in the annex. Money was not the issue for us, it was the only room they had and still cost me £125.

1  Thank Q2602MBjohnt
HPT_Staff, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pisa Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Guest,

We thank you again for choosing HOTEL PISA TOWER. We appreciate the feedback as we believe that our customers' reviews help us improve the servicse that we provide.

First of all, it is clearly stated on both booking.com and our website that we have two locations – also, everything is well explained whenever a guest is checking-in at our reception. With regards to the location of the room, please note that, when booking the room, the booking portal always highlights where the room you are going to choose is located (e.g.: Economy Double Room - Annex ; Double Room ; Budget Double Room - Separate Building) and prices change accordingly, so that our guests can feel free to choose the type of room that best meet their needs. In your case, you booked a room in our Annex, which is located 150 meters from the Main Building and 50 meters walking distance from the Leaning Tower and its famous square. Both buildings are situated in a very safe area. We are sorry to hear about your discomfort. We would like to point out that all our rooms are soundproofed and furthermore, the hotel front desk closes at midnight, so that no noise will disturb our guests (we also inform all our cutomers whenever they make their reservations that our reception is available from 8AM to 12midnight) - sadly we can not control what is happening outside on the streets. Besides all the perks from being situated in the heart of the city (and really close to the tower), is the disadvantage that it can be a bit noisy sometimes.

Our staff stayed in until midnight and didn’t get any feedback from you the during the night that you stayed with us, had you informed us, we could have done something to solve your concerns like moving you to another room. Regarding your email, which we have immediately answered, we found it unnecessary as this review. Our annex building has been hosting customers for five years now and we are getting nothing but very good feedback from our well informed customers. We find this email and review unnecessary and a cheap way to get a refund.

We are appreciative as well of your good comments about our hotel. HOTEL PISA TOWER takes pride not only on its prime location and services but also of its outstanding customer service from its staff.

Nevertheless we hope to host you again in the future.
Best Regards, HOTEL PISA STAFF.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel has two locations. We stayed at the one closest to the tower. It was a good location. Close to the tower and not too far from a train stop. However, the breakfast was served in the other part of the hotel. The breakfast served here is one of the worst breakfasts I have ever eaten. The service at the hotel was good. Friendly staff and we got help to move our luggage from the one hotel location to the other when we arrived. I would go back, just skip the breakfast.