I wouldn't classify this as a small luxury hotel of the world and once we arrived we were a bit astounded that it had that label. The room wasn't the largest room in the world, but okay if you were a couple. unfortunately my friend and I were not. There's not a lot of furniture in the rooms, but what they had selected didn't seem to be functional or selected with a great deal of thought.
The bathroom was beautiful and a really great shower.
generally temperature inside the rooms was stuffy, and despite dropping the temperature the system stubbornly kept at 26 degrees. It then decided to kick in and recyle air around one am (given that we hadn't touched the controls) which totally wrecked my night's sleep. Reception's comment the next morning was to have phoned them. At one am. Whilst my friend was asleep.
Breakfast was very poor, and incredbly bad service from the wait staff. I'm still waiting for the hot water I requested.
It wasn't a bad hotel just seemed to be pretending to be something it wasn't.
But this all was compensated for by seeing the Leaning Tower and the Piazza dei miracoli. It's two minutes away and from the moment the tower first looms over the roof tops there's a smile on your face. It's just incredible and I'm so pleased I saw it and climbed it. As for the rest of the town, we didn't like Pisa at all as a place to walk around, as we were hassled just in the early evening. Really you are better doing Pisa as just a day trip or if you have an early flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located really close to the leaning Tower of Pisa, the age-old Relais dell’Orologio is the ideal place to visit the City, its monuments, the University, its museums, its squares, its markets, its shops, its artisan workshops by foot and to move about its province towards Lucca and Versilia. For a romantic getaway, for a honeymoon, to experience art, culture and the humanity of the place, in other words to appreciate Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Relais dell'Orologio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Dell Orologio
- Relais Dell Orologio Hotel