All reviews croissants leaning tower room window can't beat the location perfect location friendly receptionist ham choose this hotel enjoyable stay stayed here for nights hotel is situated short break bit dated bus stop minute walk budget hotel fabio
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is a run-down dump with terrible service. I'm mystified how they earned a 3-star rating. I stayed in a 1 star in Florence and in all honesty it was nicer than this.

Our room smelled like body odor, the bathroom had mould in every crevice, the bathroom had hair on the floor and makeup residue from the previous guests, the walls are paper thin, the hotel states it is "renovated" but the 70s decor is crumbling to pieces (torn carpets, wall paper, broken windows, doors, etc) and to top it off, the man at the front desk is absolutely miserable all the time (The other staff are marginally nicer).

I am not comparing this to north American hotel standards, i know a euro 3-star doesn't compare, but nevertheless, this place is total junk.

The only thing going for this place is its location by the tower. But Pisa is small, stay somewhere better and walk 15mins to the tower.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank oms2000
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The staff were friendly The room we had was nicely furnished and comfortable bedwith a reasonably sized on suite. Breakfast was ok. The location was very good, especially if you were there to visit the Leaning Tower.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Hotel Villa Kinzica was ideally situated to visit the tower with great restaurants and internet cafe near by. Our room was ok, but was the only room which lacked storm shutters on the window. As luck would have it a very heavy thunder storm sent torrents of rain into our room even with the window closed. The rain soaked the floor and the bedding that came in contact with it. We let the front desk know about this as we left for a tour and dinner. When we returned later in the evening the staff had placed towels on the floor and simply pushed the bed aside. The room smelled musty from the wet flooring. We had to sleep with the window wide open to air out the room. Upon checking in the gentleman didn't seem very friendly and we received very little information about hotel services or the complementary breakfast. The woman who took over the front desk later in the day was much more friendlier. We only spent one night there. We should have told the staff about our room but it was our first night in italy and we were very tried from our flight and had an early start the next day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I'll start with advising you to catch a cab as this place is difficult to find. However, once you do find it, it does provide excellent parking for guests in a private area. This place sits essentially in the shadow of the leaning tower, minus one building and you'd be staring at it from any window on the front. One has to allow that the hotel is obviously very old, but even considering that, it's pretty dumpy. The bathroom smells like open sewer, and the front desk folks weren't very friendly. My wife was afraId to turn the lights off for fear of insect invasion, though to be fair I didn't see any, it just looks like a place they would live. To be honest, I thought Pisa was a dump overall, and this hotel was a great example. If you need to see the tower, do yourself a favor and make it a day trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We only stayed here one night thankfully. I must admit it is in a great location and this is why I chose it for our last night in Italy, but what a disappointment! It is tired and needs a uplift, furniture in room dating from the 70's but I could live with that. But one window pane was completely missing and the other was held shut with brown tape, the huge metal shutters would not have looked out of place in front of a shop window in a blast zone. The capsule bathroom is very small and lucky I am a size 12 or I could have become wedged in the plastic shower. The floor of the shower buckled under your weight and the whole ceiling in the bathroom was just plastic strips with big gaps between looking up into the roof. Mosquito heaven, needless to stay I was there meal for the night. Outside the room the huge fire doors were a bit scary, perhaps if they shut I would have to stay in this hell hole! Looking out of the windows on the landing you could see more broken windows.

On the plus side the staff were helpful and the sheets were clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple