2,160 results
All reviews opposite the train station leaning tower superior room one night the bus directly across the street minute walk convenient location excellent location hotel is modern coffee machine pastries breakfast was excellent cold meats close to the airport nicola mover
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night en route to holiday in Florence and another night on return. Reviews rightly highlight the perfect location directly facing Pisa train station (which is only a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from the airport). We were given a warm welcome and upgraded both times to one of the better rooms facing the station-they are more spacious with more natural light. The hotel itself and the rooms are well soundproofed. Relaxed atmosphere with a very varied buffet breakfast including fresh fruit and freshly made cakes brought through to supplement the selection. The late checkout of 12 is also a bonus.
All in all,good value hotel with friendly staff creating a relaxed atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 661sandyman
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

I visited late September with my son (age 3) and wanted to use this hotel as a base to travel into Florence and lucca. It is great location wise as right next to the station.

Check in was fine but I was a little disappointed with my dated room given I have paid £423 for 4 nights. Breakfast was plentiful and great for us.

The reception desk were helpful when I asked for a plug adaptor as I had forgotten mine. They had some in a drawer and kindly gave it to me for the duration of our trip.

I'd advise against booking airport transfers as I did this and it is literally a 5 minute ride from he airport and transfers were expensive for the distance.

A great little restaurant I found in a picturesque square called Il Bistrot is worth a try. There are other restaurants in this area too and approx 5-10 mins from the hotel.

The bus to the leaning tower stops right outside the hotel (lam rossa) and you purchase tickets from the newspaper stand just in the train station foyer to ride on the bus. This costs approx €1.60 return. The buses on the return leg were extremely full so we walked back which is about 1.2 miles.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Y1187NUracheld
Reviewed 27 September 2016

This hotel is the perfect location for a quick stopover in Pisa. You get off the train and it is right across the street but still within walking distance to everything you want to see. Also, super easy for early morning flights as you can get the shuttle to the airport from the train station. However, the hotel itself was quite a disappointment. Our king room was very, very average and had an additional twin bed smack in the middle of it, which took up most of our free space. The bathroom was extremely old, with a dirty shower curtain, tub with the shower head right in the middle making it very difficult to shower and the bathroom was so small you could barely move around. The rest of the hotel looked new and clean, but I definitely wouldn't have wanted to stay more than one night in the room we had. It was not worth the price we paid. The wifi signal was also terrible. The breakfast was nice, though!

Room tip: Ask for an updated room, if they have them.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenverTraveler34
Reviewed 26 September 2016

The hotel is located near the train station, and that was a really good thing for us - we did some day trips to Florence and Cinque Terre. Our room was really great, with modern furniture, clean and with a great balcony. The staff was very nice, they helped us with directions and city tips.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Alexandru M
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We always stayed near the airport when occasionally staying in Pisa over the past nine years, last week by chance we had a much more pleasant stay at the NH Hotel located across from the central train station. Staff were particularly helpful . Chiara in particular sympathised with my rotten flu and got me to bed hours before check in time. Breakfast was so much more appetising and varied than expected, I had to stay in bed a lot but my husband was able to take the short train trip to Lucca. On our second day I could venture out for shopping and meals but still find it possible to return easily to bed since the hotel is so well situated. Being sick on holiday is a pain but staying in a really nice hotel made it manageable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple