“Great simple lunch ”

Il Bernino - Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #165 of 674 Restaurants in Lucca
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Sat down for a short lunch with my boyfriend. Nice quiet part of old Lucca, cozy.
I ordered the pomodoro pasta and my bf the ceasarsallad. Both tasted great. With our food we had a coke and a Corona, the bill ended up at 27 euro.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant along a small side street so you can still people watch those shopping along the main street. Seating inside and out. Friendly staff. Food was delicious. Mainly pastas. I wouldn't choose to take fussy children here. The simplest pasta was spaghetti with a tomato sauce but there was a lot of fish on offer. I had a really good Caesar salad. I'm glad we had room for pudding. Tiramasui, pannacotta and a semi credo yoghurt all fantastic. Highly recommended. I guess the downside was the buskers who ambled up, played a tune and then asked for money - part of the ambiance I guess!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We have just had lunch here. It was absolutely fantastic. While still unmistakably Italian, the food is modern with a light touch. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I simply do not recognise this as being the place described in the negative reviews below. For the quality of the food and service, and the location right in the centre of Lucca, it was very good value for money.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to have lunch whilst wandering round Lucca.

The food and feel of this place is fantastic. Food presentation and taste was absolutely spot on.

Recommended.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Il Bernino is an elegant cafe offering the usual (perfectly prepared) drinks as well as out if the ordinary pannini, snacks and unique dining plates such as squid salad or zucchini risotto presented stuffed in a round zucchini wrapped up like a gift.The setting could not be more congenial with very comfortable outdoor seating offering a respite from the busy and inspring shopping street, Via Fillungo. Il Bernino is our favorite cafe in Lucca.