See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I stayed in the hotel for business but could not get my laptop to connect to the wifi. I asked one of the staff but she just gave me an instruction manual. I think the problem was my foreign mobile could not send a code. I went back and explained it to her. She could not work it out and then called the Manager. She obviously did not know that I understand Italian... I decided to rather leave and go to a coffee shop where I connected in seconds.

We booked a suite but the walls were paper thin and not even up to the ceiling. On the morning when the corporate guests left early, it was very noisy.

They mentioned a mini bar but the bar fridge was not stocked. The freezer compartment was frozen over.

There is no lift or air-con

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have been in Lucca 2 nights only.
Although it's not an hotel, but just a rooms to rent place, it's really beautiful.
Don't expect the hotel service, you will be disappointed. But if you are looking for big rooms and bathrooms nicely furnished, then this is the right place.
I won't suggest it to people with small children, prams, disabled or old people: there is no elevator and stairs are really steep. We stayed at the last floor and it wasn't really pleasant to go up and down with our son.
But place is nice, I have to admit it. Straight in the beautiful center of Lucca.
There is no breakfast in the structure, but you will find plenty of Bars around serving fresh croissants and cappuccino.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Cristiano M
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

very bad experience indeed! on the phone inwas told to drive to the hotel to drop the luggage and then leave the car at the officsl parking lots. since the hotel didnnot inform the local polica about our arrival we got to heavy fines for traffic violation. even after repeated pleas the hotel did not accept its fault and made us go through endless admin procedures and we finally had to pay the fine! very unfriendly staff!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016

This place is all right but a bit odd. It's basically a series of apartments which are being sold as tourist accommodation with a small living room, bathroom and bedroom. We had number 2. Overall it was clean and well maintained. The bed was large and comfortable although the room, looking over the street was noisy. The bathroom was new and pretty good. The living room had a rather tired sofa a huge fridge and lots of cupboard space a tv but no English language channels. There was a kitchen but the whole thing was walled away behind false cupboard fronts so you couldn't prepare food even if you wanted to. Access is via 3 steep sets of stairs with no lift but the proprietress does have a motorised sack barrow thing to help get your luggage upstairs. The Wifi was terrible! From street level if the door is closed there's no clue as to how to get in so it's a good idea to contact them ahead of arrival so that someone is expecting you. Location-wise its very good within a short walk of the main sites

Room Tip: Contact the hotel with details of arrival time, otherwise it may be difficult to get in.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 27 September 2016

This was actually our second stay at these apartments after we had a great experience staying here with a group of friends a few years ago. This time around the hotel management 'lost' our booking (which we had made directly with them) and we had a fair amount of stress trying to resolve their mistake, which definitely took some of the shine off our stay.

As per other comments - access is via very steep steps, the wifi is not reliable and there's no crockery, stove, or tea/coffee facilities provided - and no breakfast. Based on this, we found the price per room much higher than anywhere else we stayed in Italy. However, the apartments are in a great location and very central - with modern finishes and each room was very clean. As with any central location, the trade-off is that there’s fairly constant noise from the streets below in all the rooms facing the piazza – but that also means there’s lots of great restaurants, cafes and gelato shops right on your doorstep.

Overall the apartments themselves are great and the location is perfect, however what makes a stay memorable is the service. So while we will certainly go back to Lucca, it will be the last time we will stay at the Antica.

Room Tip: Rooms 5 and 6 are on the third floor (no lift and very steep stairs). Room 3 and 4 have access to outside terraces.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family