See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Lucca itself in an absolute must for anybody visiting Tuscany! The villa is perfectly located for exploring the delights that this beautiful and unique city has to offer.
The hosts were very pleasant and very helpful, quickly recommending places to visit and picking us straight up from the train station. The free bike rental on offer was incredibly useful as Lucca is best travelled on bike.
The only small improvement would be to have a few more utensils in the kitchen, but that is small thing to improve on... overall a lovely little self-catered villa, highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I can't stress what an amazing little place this is.

First of all, definitely the most enthusiastic, friendly and well-spoken hosts we've met in our Trip to Italy. They are super helpful and provide everything you need to know on arrival. if I could have given 6 stars for service I would have.

Location: Just outside the city walls, approx 5 mins walk to the main street in Lucca called Via Fillungo. Perfect location with parking spaces just outside the front of the complex.

It's air conditioned with a full kitchen e.g. coffee facilities, microwave, kettle, hob. There's a tv, ample storage space, extra pillows and it's all very modern.

There is a range of bikes you can use free of charge and a lock is provided - perfect for cycling along Lucca's broad, tree lined city walls.

I can't think of any cons!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Just outside the famous wall of Luca and outside the Oldtown is the Villa San Marco and Luca. What a wonderful apartment and what wonderful hosts.

My unit consisted of a kitchen and sitting room a bedroom and a nice bathroom. It was decorated in bright orange which suited the Italian summer.

Alessandra welcomed me and showed me around. She gave me a key and invited me to use one of their many bicycles.

I spent a glorious weekend bicycling around the old city and up on the wall. There is a very nice restaurant right up in the middle of the circuit of the wall at where I had a very nice lunch. I was fortunate enough to be there a weekend where there was a concert of Puccini in the Basilica

I left Siena where I stayed a month for the weekend before the Palio. That's when they bring the dirt into the Campo and pack it down for the race

The Villa San Marco provides all you need to cook, to rest and to tour. Go and enjoy. By the way the cost is very reasonable

Buon Viaggio

Beti

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2016

The location is very close to restaurants, historic old town, shopping,... without the sound and the traffic.
The house was incredibly clean, quiet and so very well equipped. I was traveling with my husband and 12 year old. The bedroom was great with our own kitchen, bathroom and hallway, each being separate rooms in the suite.
There were necessities in the kitchen and the shower. The best part on the hot day we arrived was the big cold bottle of water in the fridge.
Fabio, very friendly, greeted us and made great recommendations for food and marked everything on the map for us. He even helped us with making reservations for dinner.
We would definitely stay at Lucca in Villa San Marco again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

The apartments are located close to the historical city walls and there are free bikes available. They are a great way to see the historical city as you can cycle all around the top of the city walls (you can also walk but it would be quite a long walk!). The area felt very safe.

The apartment itself was very nice and clean with full kitchen facilities. We loved the trendy decor and it was a very comfortable apartment.

Fabio was very helpful in showing us around the apartment and also suggesting things for us to do in Lucca.

Overall a wonderful experience and I would recommend the apartments to anyone (especially families and couples).

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple