All reviews rooftop pool sea view junior suite small pool fabulous hotel sea front large bed welcome gift grand old lady long weekend food was fine old school deep bathtub great cocktails a bit overpriced beautiful room we loved our stay
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We were so looking forward to staying in this “5 stars” hotel for our last days in Italy. We stayed in 2 others hotels much cheaper the days before and... they were muuuuuch better !!! The room was small, the bathroom was dirty when we arrived with some toilet and plastic papers on the floor! The towels were still wet and one of them was dirty... There were only 4 or 5 TV channels working and when I tried to call the reception, I realized none of the phones in the room were working neither! The swimming pool is cute but dirty (there was a tissue and some birds poo inside...). I heard some other clients complaining for the same issues at the reception and the hotel staff just faked to be concerned and to call the cleaning staff... The staff didn’t even ask us how our stay was when we checked out. I can’t believe we paid so much for this room. It would not even deserve one star! We will never go back there nor in any Sofitel hotel if that’s how they rank their hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank trianh2015
Direzione D, Direttore at Grand Hotel Palazzo – MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Hotel Palazzo Livorno - MGallery by Sofitel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We had a five night stay here as a base for sightseeing in Tuscany. The hotel is very grand and palatial - the views of the sea are stunning and it’s well placed for visiting sites in Livorno or going to Pisa. Rooms are a fair size, clean and well appointed. It’s a pity the tv system didn’t work during our stay - not that we needed to watch tv buts it’s nice to listen to music or catch the news. Staff are very friendly. We were B&B and the breakfast is fair/good without being special. We had a great time here and would definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We stayed at Grand Hotel Palazzo for 1-night at the end of a trip to Italy. It was the one low point on an otherwise awesome trip. We picked the hotel due to proximity to Pisa airport and while it was an easy drive from the hotel to the airport everything else about the stay was generally disappointing. The service throughout was poor with lots of waiting for staff to do things, there was an unpleasant smell of drains on the 4th floor of the hotel where we were staying and the quality of the room (despite the fact we were given an upgrade to a junior suite) was not great. Breakfast was average, gaining access and exit to the car park was challenging and the bed was uncomfortable. Such a shame because the Grand Hotel itself is an impressive building that unfortunately has lost its grandeur.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank DM75619

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We were so excited about our holiday in Livorno since we love italian food and the warm welcoming italian hospitality. Well we couldn't find any of these...
Bare it in mind it is a 5* hotel we had expectations that should meet the standards. The room we got was tiny everything was squeezed in and the painting was pinging off the wall. On our first day we thought lets just have a good rest at the pool and clear our head out. For the huge hotel they had a tiny pool with few sunbeds which has been reserved by other guests so it was impossible to sit or lay down.
On the second day we had a storm which effected the hotel for 2 days! We had no hot water, no internet, no tv, no air conditioning, no lift, and weren't allowed to use the spa or the gym! (and we payed a lot of money for this holiday and of course no compensation)
We used the bar facilities only once ordered 2 juices and 1 beer.
When we were about to check out we had an extra €100 charge. We were really confused how did that happen so we asked the receptionist if she could find our sign receipt from the bar. She got really frustrated and wasn't too happy but after lots of phone calls she found our bill which was only €19
We were questioning how it became a €100 maybe accidently we were paying for someone elses receipt....she couldn't give an answer she just apologisted ripped the paper and made us pay only for the €19

My parents stayed in the same hotel similar thing happened they got charged an extra €40
My parents already payed the bills by the time i realised it....so we went back asked again what happened...they couldn't explain how they made a mistake. They called the area manager who came to meet us and apologised. We said it is okey we just want a refound of the €40 and happy to leave since we have to catch a flight.
He said they are not able to refund or give cash back he will write an email to us and contact the bank and all will be sorted.
A week passed by now i can't get hold of the hotel i have been trying to contact them and they haven't refunded my parents' money!!!
I am deeply disappointed!
I have never met an unprofessional business like the Grand Hotel Palazzo in Livorno!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Direzione D, Direttore at Grand Hotel Palazzo – MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Reviewed 22 August 2018

At 200GBP/night room only not value for money ! Stayed for 3 nights shower had mould at the base of tiles, curtains in bathroom stained, toiletries poor quality. Reception took ages to get served although the staff were very pleasant. The concierge and doorman Andreas an absolute welcoming delight.

Room Tip: I beleive sea view rooms are nice