“Best gelato in Florence”

Gelateria de' Medici
Ranked #33 of 231 Dessert in Florence
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 21 December 2016

After diligent research and consulting a local expert, I offer my view that this is the best gelato in town, despite strong competition (such as Cantina de Gelato). The quality is outstanding, there's a wide range of flavours including some tasty inventive ones like chestnut. The service is charming. The location is a bit of a trek, on the east side of the city centre, about 20 minutes' walk from the Duomo, but they're interesting streets!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

After all day walking around beautiful Florence I stopped at Gelateria de' Medici for the best gelato I've ever had! There is no more Gorgonzola flavour (their famous so far) so I chose Mascarpone/ Ricotta e pere! Out of this world...!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Everything's pretty easy to walk to in Florence, so make it your business to stop by this gelateria for one of the best gelatis you will have ever experienced, and their gelato-filled fruit are a wonder to behold!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

My husband and I are pretty picky about our gelato since we've been in Florence for 2+ years now. We're fortunate to live near Badiani (a dream of a gelateria) but when we're downtown, Gelateria de Medici is one of our favorite stops! The people who work there are delightful and willing to put up to 4 flavors in their smallest cup! That sort of generosity is unheard of in most gelato spots. So far, all of the flavors we've tried (creme caramel, vin santo with cantucci, and their signature medici flavor) have been absolutely delicious. I fully recommend consuming gelato here on a regular basis!

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

The best gelato we've had in Italy so far! It's so good. Especially their house flavour. Its a small place in a quiet neighborhood away from the crowds and city center, but it is worth it.