1,796 results
All reviews il palagio private park premier room chef vito atrium bar best hotels in the world main building beautiful hotel concierge team the general manager luxury hotel shuttle service junior suite the entire staff favorite hotel minute walk to the duomo spa
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Beautiful hotel, great gym and amenities, super concierge and overall service. Stayed for 5 nights. The grounds are lovely, and the location is perfect if you want a little privacy and quiet, while still being able to walk to all the sites. The staff are exceptionally friendly. Spa was also lovely. Wish i knew the outdoor hot tub attached to the pool was open year round, as we did not bring our bathing suits.

2  Thank golfnut0618
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is probably one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. We were there for four days and stayed in a junior suite. Large health club for a hotel. Restaurant and service were excellent.
You can walk to the main tourist areas, but it’s about 1km – or there is a hotel shuttle.
If you stay there, allocate some time to walk around in the garden and climb “magic mountain” (you’ll understand when you see it).

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are worth the extra cost. Try the tasting menu in the restuarant.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stayed here for two nights while in Italy. When I stepped into tthe hotel, what blew me away was the amazingly decorated lobby especially in time for the Christmas season. Service was very good as expected of a five star hotel. It was my first time staying at a Four Seasons hotel as I am usually at Hyatt. However Florence did not have any Hyatt chain hotels so I was deciding between St Regis and Four Seasons.

During my stay I tried the spa and the hair salon, both of which offered very prompt and excellent service. The spa facilities were very comprehensive and I felt right at home after my massage. I tried the candle massage which was supposed to be new. The drops of buttery oil on my body felt amazing especially in the cold and dry weather.

I had read about the large outdoor garden and pool before my stay but unfortunately did not get to see them in daylight as I was out of the hotel and only returned during the evening. However, I did get a feel of how large the property was when I walked out of the hotel to get to the spa which was situated in a separate building. The hair salon also had its own premises in the garden.

One drawback was that I was looking for hotel right in the centre of the city and after the first day I realised that although the hotel is pretty near to the centre, it not exactly in the heart of it. It took 15 mins of cab rides a day to get to the centre which easliy came up to 20-30 euros a day. The Savoy Hotel would be much closer to the city centre in this case.

Other than that, I would stay in a Four Seasons Hotel again next time as it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank KendraBlair
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Everything was perfect. The staff of course was wonderful - always smiling and saying "Buon giorno!" Always trying to be helpful as well. The hotel is like a museum, and the grounds are a great escape from the city. The best of all worlds - walking distance to everyhting in Florence,but the grounds felt like the countryside in Tuscany.

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My husband and I have been delighted by the very harmonious and aesthetic of this ancient palazzo carefully restored hotel (we also enjoyed the beautiful artwork of the artist Ugo Riva, both inside and in the park !); the large park, down noise and passers, is a major asset for this hotel. The whole building is marked with the seal of excellence and the service is impeccable, both host, that the room or restaurant. We enjoyed being upgraded to a superior room, very large and comfortable. The breakfast is hearty and very refined. The concierge team has helped us greatly throughout our stay (recovery left our luggage at the airport in Paris, tour bookings, information on the city, ...). This is the fifth time we go to Florence and staying at the Four Seasons was the best!

2  Thank Jacques H