“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My mother and I had a quick lunch at On today. I’ve been visiting Korea many times and enjoy Korean food: I must say that this is my favourite Korean restaurant in Florence. We had noodles with black bean sauce and vegetarian dumplings, with servings of kimchi and marinated radish on the side. The kimchi was delicious, very refreshing and not too spicy. We enjoyed the crispy dumplings and the rich and the creamy black noodles that came in a very generous portion, perfect for sharing between us two. Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. We are both vegetarians and there is a very good choice of veggie dishes on the menu. We love Korean food and we’ll be going back to try other dishes!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We (2 people) walked in and there were other tables open but the hostess/waitress pointed us to a table stuck next to where 2 strangers were already sitting. I had to double check to make sure that's where she wants us to sit. Sure enough, that's where she wanted us to sit. It made me feel very uncomfortable to sit that close to a stranger and I could tell that the other people were also very uncomfortable. Because we were sitting so close to those strangers, the waitress had pass things (i.e. utensils, table clothes, napkins) ACROSS our table. I understand if the restaurant was completely packed and that was the only remaining seats but that wasn't even the case. While we were in the restaurant, those vacant tables were not even used. Food was just ok, otherwise, I would have given them 1 star.

Date of visit: July 2018
94romeo, 오너 at Ristorante On - Sapore della Corea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

I have to solve the misunderstanding. It was a table for the reservation guests. The waitress did well. You seem to be misunderstood.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We are a Canadian/Korean couple from Toronto visited this restaurant in May.

This one is the best Korean restaurant in Florence. Seafood Soup Noodle (Zzambbong) quality is beyond our expectation, we are sure it was better than any other ones in Toronto. This restaurant made our day better.

Definitely wants to re-visit next time again and we highly recommend this restaurant.

피렌체의 싱싱하고 좋은 해산물로 만들어서 국물도 엄청 시원하고, 가격에 비해 양도 많도 서비스도 좋았습니다. 정말 북미에서도 이런 퀄리티의 짬뽕 먹기 힘들듯. 강추합니다!!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Jin K
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Decided to try the food here after a Korean friend highly recommended it and said it was authentic and good. The portions were generous and the prices are reasonable. We had two soups, one with seafood and their homemade noodles and one with beef and rice. Both came quickly and were filling and delicious. The beef soup with its rich beef broth was especially tasty. The chef was also very kind and accommodating. Not a fancy spot but the wonderful home-style Korean food and excellent service more than made up for it. Really happy we stopped by and will be back soon.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank mustapham481
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Fully packed when we stopped by for dinner on a Friday night. After a very short wait, we were served with authentic-tasting Korean food which we enjoyed tremendously. Not the most varied of menus but a nice selection for those craving home food on the road. Cozy, counted enough seating for 22 pax and fast service. Strongly recommended!

Date of visit: October 2017