All reviews comic book a private double room communal kitchen communal areas bunk beds extra blankets minute walk to the centre air con minutes walking washing machine short stay hot water within walking distance great place to stay breakfast was included rooftop terrace train station
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

On the plus side, the l not bad, about 10 minutes walk to the duomo area.
The breakfast only costs 5 euros and is worthwhile. There is also a cafe just a few doors down from the hostel which is excellent.
The beds are comfortable for small people.

On to the negatives, for a room I paid nearly 300 euros for 4 nights in a private room with a private bathroom. By hostel standards this isn't cheap.
My room was tired, scuffed, dirty and devoid of any features except for a small dirty table.
It smells really really bad. I don't know if it's a drains issue or if it they were using an industrial strength cleaner to cover up for something, but the smell is constant, overpowering and physically sickening.
There are no sheet or towel changes. On day three we asked for new towels and we told they were changed every three days, we were not provided new sheets or towels for day 4. Poor show.
It is noisy. Both internally with people stomping up and down the stairs to the rooftop patio (average) or up and down the sparse echoing corridors, or outside where the sounds from the children's playground way up to meet you when trying to leave the windows open to get rid of the stench in the hostel.

In conclusion, stay if you have to, it isn't the worst place, but I really wish I'd have used the credit card and plumped for an extra 20 euros a night to stay somewhere better.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank simon e
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is a good value hostel for people who want to visit Florence but are on a budget. It was clean and the staff changed the sheets on the bed every day which is unusual for a hostel. Also the rooms have really good air conditioning which was a godsend in 30ºc heat. However I did not find the beds that comfortable and they were quite thin so if you were on the top bunk as I was if the person below moves you can really feel the bed shaking.

I didn't find when I was staying that people were that sociable, perhaps down to there being a lot of different ages of people there, but there is a nice kitchen, sofas and outdoor smoking area for socialising.

The hostel is well located within short walking distance of both the city centre and Santa Maria Novella station, but far enough away to be fairly quiet for getting some sleep.

The staff were very helpful in printing some tickets for me, and also rescuing me when I got locked in the bathroom. Overall a nice hostel just not super comfortable and lacked atmosphere at the time I was staying.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lizzief25
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We were okay staying here as a couple as we had one another, but there didn't seem to be any interaction between guests. There were a few communal areas but never many people milling about.
Maybe this was also because we had a private room, I don't know.
Other than that the hostel was great! We were able to check in early, the room was clean with linen, towels and shower products and it has a well manned 24/7 reception.
The superhero theme is cool but not too much and the roof top terrace is a nice treat! I did notice they do rooftop terrace yoga twice a week which would have been cool but unfortunately this wasn't on any nights we were there.
I would mention that it is a little hidden, a lift ride or stairs up in a residential building which I guess we didn't expect but was equally no bother. It is well located for exploring Florence and about a twenty minute walk from the train station.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hostel clean and sufficiently comfortable for that period. The positives were the room was clean, bed comfortable, bathroom clean and air conditioning very welcome for the Florence's heat. We didn't use the communal areas as we didn't need to and were out all day. The sofas are worn but the space in the. Lounge is bright and for backpackers seemed acceptable. The staff we helpful when asked. We found the hostel a bit further out of the main sights than ideal for the heat of summer (but we are now in our 50's!) and it was a bit of a trek from the train station when we arrived, with our cases. The cobbled streets wrecked one of my suitcase wheels on the 1.5 km walk (in 30c heat and humidity) so if you're flush, I recommend a taxi to the hostel! All in all good budget accommodation for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacki H
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

For what you pay for it really is a great place to stay at. Bathroom spotless, a comfy bed (which is hard to get sometimes in hostels) and a fantastic aircon that is definitely needed as Florence is scorching during summer! Didn't get the breakfast but seems like it's definitely worth it and staff are welcoming and friendly. Just outside of the busy area of Florence but only a 10-15 min walk to be amongst it! Overall a great place to stay!

Stayed: August 2017