All reviews pre stay turn down service hotels around the world hotel experience small hotel every staff member each evening an amazing hotel steam room glass of prosecco pleasure of staying little things our honeymoon visiting florence would recommend this hotel to anyone dinner reservations decent size
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We are a family of four and we recently stayed in two adjoining rooms for five nights at the Grand Amore. Based on the high reviews we read and this hotel getting the Trip Advisor Travelers Choice Award, we chose this hotel. I have to say it’s one of the only times I have been disappointed by a highly rated hotel on TripAdvisor. My review is detailed but it should be worth reading.

Location - I liked the location. It’s not as close as some of the other hotels to many of Florence’s attractions but nothing is really more than a 15 minute walk. The Accademia and Duomo are quite close. I liked being away from the main tourist area but still very close to all of it. For us, the location was fine.

Checkin - Florence (yes her name is Florence!) checked us in and she is a true asset to this hotel. She is very helpful and friendly and she came up to our room to show us everything. The check-in process was efficient and fast thanks to Florence.

Lobby - The lobby is small and typical for a boutique hotel. There was a reception desk (an actual office desk) and six tables with chairs for breakfast and a small bar that is evidently open in the evening. The lobby was a cool temperature and felt good. The lobby looks like it has aged some. The upholstery on the chairs in sitting areas has bled and the wood floor is showing signs of aging but overall it was a pleasant looking lobby area. However as soon as you enter the stairs to go to your room there is no air conditioning and the stairs and room hallways are quite warm. There is a very small elevator that we only used to take our luggage up in. We always used the stairs after that as four people could not use the elevator. This was fine for us. We don’t mind using stairs at all but it would have been more comfortable if those areas had air conditioning.

Room - The room was nice. It was not as nice as the pictures implied on the website but still nice. I feel for American standards it would be 3.5 stars trying to be 4, but not quite there. The bathroom was marble and nice and even had robes and slippers which was a nice touch. The room was warm, high 70s to 80 degrees even though the air conditioner was on. This was one of the biggest disappointments of our stay. The room never went below this temperature. We did ask about it but was told this is about as cold as they can get it. We are not the type of people that need the room that cold, but like many Americans we are simply not used to a hotel room being this warm. We are probably just spoiled but it’s what we are used to and it was unpleasant to sleep because of this. Opening the windows the first night caused the room to be full of mosquitos so there were no options even at night. I heard three other sets of hotel guests complain to the front desk about the temperature of their rooms while I was staying there too so this seems to be a problem. There was a mini fridge in the room stocked with water, beer and sodas. I was told it was complimentary and would be restocked daily. It was a nice touch but it was not refilled until I complained about it on the third day. The same thing happened with the soap and shampoo in the bathroom. It was never replenished so I had to complain about it never being replaced on my fourth day. After complaining everything was replenished during the rest of our stay but why should I have to ask this at a hotel of this quality and cost? The devil is in the details and I felt it was those details where this hotel fell short.

WiFi - It seems to be a must these days and the WiFi in the room worked pretty good. I just used it for simple emails and web browsing but it was more than adequate.

Breakfast - The breakfasts are included with your room and were always great. There is a menu you can fill out each night for what you want the next morning and the time you want it. Some reviews say they offer room service for breakfast and I was told they don’t offer that. It was no biggie to go down and eat though. They have eggs, bacon, a great fruit salad, yogurt, cereal, croissants, fresh squeezed juices, coffee drinks, etc. The breakfast staff works very hard and they are excellent. It was great every day and this is a part of the hotel that they do a great job on.

Service - Most of our interaction was with Francesco and Florence at the front desk (There is always someone at the front desk 24 hours though). These two are a true asset to the hotel. Both of them could work in any luxurious hotel they wanted to. Both are always cheerful and they go above and beyond for the guests in any way they can. I cannot express my appreciation to both Francesco and Florence. They helped so much with our daily sightseeing and dinner plans. They truly made our trip to Florence easier and more enjoyable. I hope the hotel owner pays them well because these two employees are the biggest asset your hotel has. Any hotel would be very lucky to have these two working for them. I can’t say enough about them, that’s how great they were.

Overall Summary - Because of the room temperature and lack of servicing the room properly for a hotel at this level, I was tempted to give this hotel three stars but I gave four because of the outstanding personal service of Florence, Francesco and the breakfast staff. I am not sure overall I’d give this hotel a TripAdvisor circle of excellence though. I get the impression the owners try to cut corners to save money. It’s just a gut feeling I got during my stay. And they should invest in separate air conditioner units for each room. We also stayed in Venice, Siena and Cinque Tierra on this vacation at all trip advisor highly rated hotels, and even though those others were more 3 star hotel levels, they were all fantastic in every way including room temperature and we would stay at all of them again. We would not stay at the Grand Amore again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Bruce M
NiccoloRicci, Manager at Grand Amore Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear guest, I’d like to thank you for your detailed review. It is so important to read that You have rated excellent the Grand Amore staff, especially Francesco and Florence and the breakfast staff , Tili and Anthony .
I’d like to thank you also because you clearly underline our staff passion and orientation to clients. We are a young Hotel and we attempt in building a new path, very personalized and attentive to the wishes and needs of our Guests.
We keep note about your critique and we will deeply investigate on what happened during your stay.
In general all the rooms are refilled each morning with complimentary water and courtesy line.
If you will reconsider your position we will show that our service is at the level of all Tripadvisor reviews made by other Guests.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Grand Amore Hotel and Spa hits all the high notes.

Service: Florence Francesco and the rest of the Comfort Crew are awesome, very professional and helpful. They got us tickets to night tour of Michaelangelo's David highly recommend night tour no crowds and temp has cooled down

Florence and the Comfort Crew knew exactly what we wanted with a tour of Tuscan Wine Country. They reserved a driver who knew the wineries personally. Highly recommend getting a personal driver as we saw Siena San Gimignano and had the best lunch and wine tasting at Poggio Amorelli in Castillina in Chianti.

Room: excellent, comfy huge king size bed turn down service left us chocolate, it was hot in June so air conditioning worked but could have been a bit better

Location: we could see the Duomo from our room everything is within easy walking distance Acamedia is right around the corner but just away from the huge crowds.

We are so happy to stay at Grand Amore Hotel and Spa, very romantic and we will be there next year!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
NiccoloRicci, Owner at Grand Amore Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear guest, I’d like to thank you for your extraordinary review .
It is so important to read that Grand Amore staff was able to be closed to your expectations .Especially Florence! I’d like to thank you also because you clearly underline our staff passion and orientation to clients. We are a very young hotel and we attempt in building a new path, very personalized and attentive to the wishes and needs of customers. The entire staff would greet you both, we all look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My colleague and I stayed for one night at the Grand Amore on business and the best part is the level of service! The staff was extrememly helpful not only with the reservation, but with helping to set up a car service during our stay and everything in between. You are welcomed with a glass of prosecco and a bowl of fruit in the room upon arrival and with turndown service, snacks and a drink. If you prefer to have your breakfast delivered to the room instead of eating in the dining room, it can be delivered for no extra charge.

The rooms were of decent size and the bed extremely comfortable, and the bathroom comes with Acqua de Parma toiletries.

Would have given the hotel 5 stars, however, the air conditioning would not get cool enough and there are no large bath towels-only smaller hand sized towels & bathrobes. Other than that, it was a fantastic visit!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jmorg8
NiccoloRicci, Owner at Grand Amore Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear client,

I want to thank you for your nice review, for the positive aspects you found at Grand Amore Hotel . Please consider we are holding your underlining in high consideration to grow up . I hope to welcome you again

Looking forward to hearing from you,

All my best

Reviewed 4 May 2018

The staff were incredibly warm and welcoming, and I felt thoroughly looked after. My every need was met, even needs I didn't know I needed, such as a delicious glass of red wine and some wonderful olives & cheese delivered to my room!

Great location right next to the magnificent Duomo, and the concierge gave me excellent recommendations, even including an awesome bar where you have to knock to gain entry - I felt like a local!

Would definitely recommend to anyone, and will certainly be coming again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
NiccoloRicci, Owner at Grand Amore Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear client, thank you so much for your unbelievable review. Your critique is the best award for us: when a guest feels thoroughly looked after means that our hospitality is going in the correct direction. Thank you very much for your appreciation! We all hope to have the possibility to welcome you back at Grand Amore as soon as possible. Best regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Florence, one the world’s most beautiful cities, has an abundance of tourists and students and can get very crowded indeed. The hustle and bustle can be a bit overwhelming.
If you are looking for a central location with Outstanding Service, look no further than the Grand Amore Hotel and Spa!
Located about a 5 minute stroll from the Duomo, this hotel offers a lovely respite from the crowded central district.
Rooms are well appointed with good firm beds, luxurious bathrooms, and unparalleled service. Starting with reception, every employee was extremely courteous and helpful. Every request was greeted with a smile and promptly executed. We have been to many hotels and resorts all over Europe and I can assure you that we have never enjoyed better service!
They refer to their staff as the Comfort Crew; sounded a little corney to us, but thats just a name. Pamela, Yuri, and Francesco were our main contacts and I cannot say enough good things about them. From early in the morning until late at night, we were well attended to. They made reservations for us, recommended great restaurants, provided directions & maps, including walking us to a local supermarket and helping us choose wines to buy! Service with a smile and NO hidden agendas.
I would comment on the spa, but we never saw it. We were too relaxed to care. Complimentary cappuccinos, wines, free Intl phone calls....all good!

I’d give them 10 stars on a five star rating system! As good as it gets!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gvhs
Be ONE A, Proprietario at Grand Amore Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear client, thank you so much for your unbelievable review. Your critique is the best award for us: when a guest feels "the most important person in the world" means that our hospitality is going in the correct direction.
A special thanks from Pamela , Juri and Francesco that are very happy they helped you in spent a wonderful stay in Florence
Best regards,