2,289 results
All reviews the executive lounge shuttle bus shuttle service diamond member ironing room nice hotel city view business hotel close to the airport minute drive the hotel offers top floor rooms are modern town centre rental car the main train station santa maria novella train station
Reviewed 28 May 2015

This is by far the worst Hilton I have stayed in and it is dangerous and unsafe.

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference, the hotel is miles from the centre of Florence and they operate a rickety bus that visits the Hilton Garden Inn first then drops you off in a fairly drab part of town behind the railway station.

The hotel itself I found to be very poor.

The room we were in has loose and broken tiles on the bathroom floor, I cut my foot on these and a heavy wooden panel simply fell out of the ceiling while we were in the room. I immediately visited reception and the manager attended the room with the maintenance team, the panel was so heavy it chipped a solid wooden floor. No explanation or apology as to why this happened.

The breakfast room is a disaster with very little organisation and hardly any hot food items, totally inadequate for the room rate charged .

We also visited the executive lounge on the roof and found it very poorly maintained

The hotel has 4 small lifts and they are pretty inadequate for the number of guests, a lift only takes 2 people if they have luggage at a time. Our room was on the 3rd floor so we decided to walk down the fire escape stairs to the first floor where our meeting was being held however when we tried to exit the fire door on the first floor it was in the restaurant and the toaster machine had been set up on a table blocking the fire exit!

Going back up the stairs and walking across onto the other fire exit staircase we walked down to the first floor and found the fire exit door locked!

Unbelievable in this day and age a brand like Hilton has both exits either locked or blocked in a fire exit staircase.

Despite the manager visiting our room to see the damage caused by the panel and the broken tiles and promising he would be in touch about the matter we have heard nothing and it has been 4 weeks now

Do not stay here , it is dangerous and very poorly run with an outrageous room rate!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel, this one is unsafe
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank stuart w
Hilton F, Direttore at Hilton Florence Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Florence Metropole.
It is with the deep regret that I read about your dissatisfaction during your stay with us and I appreciate the time you have taken to express your sentiments via tripadvisor.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences with your room and our service. I have shared your comments already with my Management team for corrective action. Please rest assured that, we are indeed concerned about your comments and we appreciate being advised of any breach in the usual service for which our hotel is noted.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

One of the best hotel we enjoyed staying at from price , luxery , location, facilites aspects. Very close to the hotel are restaurants, supermarket and small shoping mall, there are also free car park. Very professional helpful and polite staff.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Khayralla A

Dear Sir,
We are happy to hear that your stay at Hilton Florence Metropole was satisfactory. Your comments will be shared with our employees.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in not only at Hilton Florence Metropole but also at any of our other Hilton hotels.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

DO yourself a favor and do not go here. Not only the distance from the center is far and uncomfortable, the distance between the Hilton brand and the quality that this hotel delivers is poor! Staff at front desk is unfriendly, do not have a professional can do attitude, do not acre about guests, are unable to solve simple issues, worse experience ever. Breakfast is very average, breakfast room is extremely noisy, with staff clattering dishes and pans all the time. Corridors are smelly. The shuttle to the center runs very infrequently. Do yourself a favor and take a cheap B@B in the heart of the city and avoid this hotel that is lost beyond hope.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Patrick V

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hilton Florence. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns on with us via tripadvisor.
Please accept my sincere apologise for the fact that we have not met your expectations during your stay especially regarding the quality of service and breakfast. I have read your comments with most interest, and shared them with my management team for our review and action planning.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back, when I am sure you will experience what Hilton stands for.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2015

We used Hilton Honors points to book the hotel, I wished we paid a bit more to stay closer to central Florence. There wasn't very much around the hotel. We never ate there and had to find our way to restaurants. The hotel does serve breakfast for 12 or 13 euro. I can't comment on it because we did not buy it. There is a building next door to the hotel where there is a restaurant in a bowling ally, a oriental buffet for 18 euro and a Brazilian steak house for 25 euro. We went into town for one dinner and had the best steak we've even eaten, so I'd recommend Buca Mario, it's a 13 euro cab ride from hotel.
the hotel has a shuttle and it's first come first serve and it gets full fast.It drops you off at the train station and it's a bit of a walk to the streets.
not too far, around a 15 min walk there is a market and its worth the walk. there you will find fresh everything: fish, meats, truffle oils, spices, sweets, cheese. You can take away and there are places to eat it you don't mind sharing your table with everyone else. Its a feast for the senses, a must go.

Room Tip: if you want secluded stay here
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Hilton F, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hilton Florence Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Florence Metropole.
It is with the deep regret that I read your comments I appreciate the time you have taken to express your sentiments.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences with your (room temperature and the breakfast quality). I have shared your comments already with my Management team for corrective action.
Anna Neri
Web & Marketing

Reviewed 26 May 2015

My wife and I stayed here for a night and glad that it was only one night. The bed was terribly uncomfortable (see pic) - the mattress was thin and woke up with a horrible back ache. The floor had scratches on it (see pic), the shower rod was coming out of the wall (see pic) and many corners of glass edged table tops had cracks in them (see pic). We got instructions on where to pick up the hotel shuttle in the city, which amounted to circling a space on a map that was huge. We searched for hours to find the shuttle pick up. If it wasn't for an Italian police officer, we would never have found the shuttle return. If you have a car, perhaps this would be a good place to stay, not to mention an iron spine,... We aren't going to do this again.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel somewhere closer to the city center.
Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple