All reviews washing machine no lift the main train station room was clean and comfortable location was perfect stayed for nights hostel firenze
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I have stayed here on two of my visits to Florence, one time that I did n't the owner recognised me from across the street and ran over to welcome me to Florence again and exclaim, Laura (he remembered my name) why are you not staying with me?! This gives an example of how you will feel looked after if you stay here. The only reason that I did n't book was that they had been full. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: En suite rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Il Ghiro, "the door mouse", is a clean and very comfortable guesthouse just around the corner from the Santa Maria Novella train station. It's in a great location, just blocks from the fabulous market for lunch, and easy walking distance to the Duomo, Accademia, and the Uffizi gallery. Rooms come either with or without en suite bathrooms, and there are good communal spaces for cooking, laundry, or just hanging out. We were very surprised by the excellent water temperature and pressure in the shower: not the typical lukewarm and low flow we noticed sometimes when travelling. Very good quality for a very good price.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We stayed here for a week. The location is fantastic as it is just a few minutes from the bus and train station while being very close to the city. You therefore have most places within minutes reach.
The accommodation is run by a family who are very friendly and helpful. They can suggest places to visit and good restaurants. There are about 4 rooms which make it small and cozy. It is quiet both day and night.

There is only one bathroom, but there was never a queue since there are so few who live there. There is a small kitchen in the hallway with a small refrigerator and cooking plates but no oven. Wifi-access in the rooms.
It should also be added that the accommodation is on the 4th floor without elevator.

If you want a quiet and pleasant accommodation near the station and town I would recommended this

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Il Ghiro is a short distance from many of the places you'll want to see. As soon as we arrived, our host showed us our room, marked off important places on a map, and gave us great lunch recommendations. But if you need more info when a staff member isn't around, they have plenty of it in their common space. We had a room for 2 people and shared a bathroom with a couple other guests. Everything is clean and comfortable!

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Il Ghiro is a guest house, so it is "bare bones". It is clean, well cared for, convenient to both the train station and the center, and a good price. The host, however, was exceptional - helpful in every way, and he even hefted our bags not only up the several flights of stairs, but back down again when we checked out. Excellent value for expensive Florence.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple