See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2016

San Lorenzo is in the very heart of Florence, next to the covered market hall. The owner is very nice and helpful in this hotel, which they say is over 100 years old and the first one in Florence. The building, Palazzo Alessandri originally, is over 300 years old.

Our room was small and would have benefited of some more light. But you do not come to Florence to spend time at the hotel! From San Lorenzo you have just a few hundred meters to the Duomo and other major attractions.

If you arrive by car, please bear in mind that this hotel at Via Rosina is in the restricted area where only the ones with a special permission can drive without a fine. However, if you then park the car in the hotel´s garage within 3 hours from your arrival you can use the hotel´s permit to drive in the area. Check out from the hotel before arriving!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marjaterttu2016
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel San Lorenzo for 3 nights. We chose the hotel because of the price and great placement , so close to everything - and..not to forget...just next to one of the absolute best restaurants in Florence, Ristaurante Osteria Pepo. We had read about the many stairs up to the hotel and the small hotel rooms, but it was not a problem for us. In fact we found the room quite cozy and the reception service was absolutely brilliant. We had a shared bathroom, which was okay, but of course it is always nicer to have your own bathroom. We tried the breakfast once (it was not included in the price) but, as we were told in advance, it was very simple (croissants, juice and coffee) and there are so many other possibilities in the area.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2016

The location is very good. It was clean but the beds were not proper beds. Τhey were camp beds (ράντζα). Only small or medium size people could sleep 100% properly. The stuff was kind. If you have a car, choose the hotel's parking not the public one which is just opposite... we paid 75€ for a day... the hotel's costs 25.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Near to the train station, just a 10 to 15 minute walk. The room was spotless, although basic, but was great value and we slept like logs. Very friendly and helpful staff.
I would use it again if I were to visit. Be aware it is on the 2nd floor so it seemed awfully far climbing the stairs in the heat !

Room tip: We were at the back of the hotel so no view, but very quiet.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Room was more an attic than a bedroom. Very very small (single room shared bathroom). No window. Smelt awful, musty/wood. Overpowering smell & no ventilation. Made me clothes all smell. Bathroom, whilst not their fault, was left in an absolute mess by other guests. So much so that I didn't want to use it, and I'm not fussy. And very small, it's a shower over a toilet. I asked one receptionist to phone a museum to reserve tickets (very common request) and he said - sorry it's too late. For when, I asked? I haven't said when I'd like to go yet. He then made up that the museum sold out days in advance so it didn't matter. I told him I'd checked online and they had same day availability, and that I was disappointed he so obviously wouldn't help me. Cue karma, in comes his colleague who overheard, and his demeanour changed 100%, and within 5mins I had tickets reserved. If you just want location then this place is PERFECT but it has all the amenities and atomostphere of a tent. No chance of meeting other guests and no foyer area to relax in. It's just your attic & you. Wifi barely ever worked either. Probably half the nights it worked.

Date of stay: June 2016