“Seriously good food”
Review of Lungarno Bistrot

Lungarno Bistrot
Reserve with
Lungarno Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 3,065 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$34 - US$57
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Description: Lungarno Bistrot overlooks the Lungarno Guicciardini. Its outdoor area opens onto a stunning backdrop of the Scarlatti square right in front of Palazzo Corsini. An excellent opportunity to enjoy this fascinating view for lunch or dinner. Inside, the atmosphere is modern and classic at the same time, cosy and warm. The large open kitchen allows you to see the chef at work. They prepare fresh pasta, different types of bread and desserts every day. Seasonal products are the base of our traditional Tuscan menu, as well as fresh fish. On request we can prepare vegetarians and gluten free dishes.
Reviewed 20 October 2016

On our 3 day break in Florence we decided to have one really good, more expensive, meal and we decided on this restaurant having walked past and been attracted by the menu. Were we glad we did! I'd be surprised if there were many better places to eat in the whole of Florence. Both my wife and I chose the seafood tasting menu. Everything from the starters to the main was cooked to perfection and the staff were friendly, chatty, helpful and informative. If you are visiting Florence make a booking here, it's fairly expensive, but the food justifies the price and you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I especially enjoyed sliced sirloin medium rare with pistacios and carmelized onions, a great combination, the soft smooth slightly sweet onion against the firm textured meat. Tom's soup was delicious, a vegetable puree. Surprisingly, since these portions were large, the eggplant parmesan was miniscule and the puff pastry non-existant but the sauce was delicious as was the mozarella in the stack with eggplant, and a dolop of buratta on top of a sort of cracker (not puff pastry as promised). Throughout Italy I long for good bread and this is the first place I've found it: black rye, walnut whole wheat, divine focaccia all in the bread basket. We will go back. Just across the river from the center of town. They offered us a limoncella always delicious for dessert. FYI one block further on the quai is a wonderful ice cream shop, reasonably priced, toward the Carmine church.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

A great Gluten friendly restaurant, with choices of GF breads and mains. Top end dining, friendly and classy with excellent food and wine.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

We went to the restaurant on the last night of our long Europe trip. It was a perfect place to end. The place is not too highbrow nor too local. Sat down with a glass of bubbly on the house. The food is quite good. Only critique is that the chairs are not very comfortable.

1  Thank 989StephenL
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is the restaurant that the concierge at Hotel Lungarno recommended. We had reservations. My wife wanted the T-Bone that Italy is famous for. It is huge and served for two. Upon arrival, it is a short walk from the Hotel Lungarno, the Mater D'hotel gave us a glass of Italian Champagne. Now I know that it is not true Champagne because it didn't come from Champagne, so don't scold me on this point. We were shown to a table on the patio. My wife ordred the steak which was served with roasted potatos and asparagus Medium rare to suit me. It was perfectly done and very very good. We took our time, ate slowly and enjoyed every bite. We finished with desert of Tiramisu. This friends is not to be missed.

Date of visit: September 2016