All reviews pool area tuscan countryside overlooking florence junior suite lovely pool porta romana a short cab ride our honeymoon walk into town special thanks narrow streets visiting florence ponte vecchio fabulous hotel rooms are large breakfast was included gym
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Five stars does not do this hotel justice! Superb accommodation lovely friendly helpful staff and an un paralleled restaurant panoramic views of Florence this place has everything. I heartily reckoned this hotel

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived very late in the evening so difficult to have a good first impression - the hotel is tucked away at the top of a hill accessed via a winding road and was extremely quiet. For the first couple of days it felt like we were the only guests there - but not in a good way, it’s kind of creepy!

The location, whilst beautiful, is a little awkward being a 20-30 minute hilly walk away from old town Florence. Taxis are available quickly, but it gets fairly pricey to do this a few times a day. To be fair, we were aware of the distance from the centre of Florence before we booked, but perhaps not aware of the terrain!

The breakfast was good, a buffet with lots to choose from, and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The view across Florence is stunning.

The pool is nice, again a beautiful view. The gym (one of the main reasons we booked this hotel) was perfect for us. Good equipment and we basically had it to ourselves. Towels and water not always available, those small touches would have been appreciated.

But where the hotel flourishes is the restaurant. Dinner is not cheap but wow, the food is incredible. We ordered the beef if I remember right and it was one of the best meals we’ve ever had. The dessert was also perfect and presented beautifully.
This would be a reason to return for us.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I was bought this trip as a gift, so when I read a couple of bad reviews, I was a little worried. My worries were completely unfounded! What a fantastic place. Huge rooms. Spotlessly clean. The views from the dining room and pool are amazing. The staff have been superb, from the twice a day maids, to the receptionist, the restaurant, and especially the guys at the pool.
We ate in the restaurant on our last night. It was absolutely faultless. One of the best meals I have ever had.
A couple of tips- wear the flip flops provided round the pool. I picked up a splinter from the deck. It’s also easy to miss , but the far side of the pool has a small jacuzzi area. The button is under the waterline.
We enjoyed the walk into town but always got a cab back. Avoid the long queues for cabs at the station. Flag one down in the nearby streets . There’s another rank in piazza Santa Maria.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We found this hotel almost by accident as we planned a week away in Florence and boy are we glad we did as it is a little gem of a hotel. A former private residence the villa has been beautifully refurbished as a boutique hotel sitting in the Tuscan hills overlooking Florence.

From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful and kind and throughout our stay did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.

Our room was perfectly fitted out for a comfortable stay - indeed the bed was both extremely comfortable and enormous - with a well appointed en suite bathroom. Every room has a view over the rooftops of Florence which was perfect, waking up each morning and seeing the whole of Florence spread out below us was wonderful. As were all of the principle areas in the hotel; the dining room, the lounge, the terrace and the pool.

Although the hotel is situated in the hills it was only an easy half hour walk down the hill into the centre of Florence making a visit to the Uffizi Gallery or the Ponte Vecchio easy and stress free. It is possible to get a taxi down, obviously, but it is quite expensive. We would recommend a taxi back though as it is quite a steep hill back to the Villa.

We had a couple of meals at the hotel (although most of the time we were eating in Florence itself) and they were superb. The main evening meal we had at the hotel was truly exceptional and, whilst comparatively expensive, it was worth every penny!

This is a fantastic hotel and the perfect place to relax and recharge. We will certainly be staying here again on our next visit to Florence.

Room Tip: All the rooms promise a view of Florence so I would suggest they are likely to be good rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

The reviews on this hotel are ridiculous, complaining about the rug on reception being dirty... come on! I have no complaints about the cleanliness of the hotel, rooms or pool area! It’s a rustic area, it has beautiful surroundings with a rustic feel but naturally dusty cobbled roads as they are slightly off road! The hotel staff could not do enough for us and always had a smile on their face.

The only thing we was shocked about was the price of food and drinks, after travelling around Italy we found the prices to be fair to everywhere we had been, everywhere seems quite expensive compared to what we are used to at home. However knowing people will not want to walk far and with nothing near to the hotel they could lower the prices and would still make a profit! Prices for drinks are far too high (€15 for a pimms and lemonade and €8 for a bottle of beer) We just paid it due to being on holiday and felt it was worth it for the service we received but unnecessary in my opinion to charge that much.

There is a bit of a walk to the centre (with hills) but we enjoyed walking as the area is so beautiful, was roughly about a 20/30 minute walk and then we would get a taxi back at night for around 10 euros.

I think based on the fact we only had breakfast booked the hotel should change the rule on not having your own food and drink by the pool as this would have changed our opinion and wouldn’t have stopped us spending with them, but apart from this everything was perfect! I’m coeliac and they accommodated me being gluten free perfectly with lots of options and even made me something special because they had run out of cakes for me.

Thanks again, we will definitely be back!!! Most beautiful hotel we’ve ever stayed in!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple