All reviews welcome drink early night croissants lounge area enjoyed my stay on foot the air conditioning lorenzo mosquitoes
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We loved this hostel. It's really cool and quirky. They offer you a welcome drink (any drink) and there was also an event on one of our nights which they allowed us to have free drinks all evening whilst it was on. It's a bit noisy on an evening if you're having an early night but I expect most travellers have ear plugs?!

The staff were really nice and chatty. Prices were fair and the location is good. It's a 20 minute walk from the main part of florence or you can get a bus.
At the bottom of the street is a restaurant called Vecchia Betolla which seems to always be full of locals and make great food.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

When I first arrived I noticed the neighbourhood was really beautiful and then entering the hostel was better still- the reception area was in the lounge area which was a jazz stage filled with beautiful couches and then a beautiful outside area!

Getting up to my room was better still as the beds aren't bunks- you get your own bed and there are funky paintings all over the walls!

Reception was also very helpful and breakfast was really good- coffee, croissant, cereals, toast, juice.

Also the nicest restaurants around the park area are so nice- just go on maps and the closest places are amazing!

Definitely one of my favourite hostels!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2017

A bit far from central Florence but a 5 to 10 minute bus ride away. The building used to be a school convent, the auditorium is the lobby and bar! Good breakfast, cycle rent available.Quite street, couple of restaurants close by.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2017

I will keep this short. The room facilities were average & one of our bed's had bedbugs in it leaving my partner with bites. The noise in the hostel really bad at times. I don't normally complain about much, however in this case being next to the shower & WC was too much. Especially trying to sleep at 2 in the morning and being unable to due to people slamming doors and being loud. I understand that isn't the hostels fault, but if you are booking keep that in mind.

However the staff and breakfast facilities were great & convenient too. The welcome drinks are a nice touch, the breakfast spread provided was great. The hostel itself was cool & trendy and great to meet people.

Stayed: July 2016
2  Thank Emvroom
Reviewed 21 November 2016

If you like your hostels a cut above, with a sense of style, this is the hostel of your dreams - as long as you bring earplugs. Two well-attended evening events during my stay suggest the hostel has a dual identity as the local hipster hangout - which is awesome if that's your thing. If you like to sleep at, say, 11 or midnight, be forewarned that the place is an echo chamber - high ceilings and stone floors throughout that have a great aesthetic but an amplifying acoustic. Even on nights with no events, the tall stone staircase magnifies every squeak of the bathroom door, every buzz at the front door, and every person walking up and down the stairs. After I moved to a bed further away from the door and was there for a few nights I got used to it, but it's something to consider if you're a light sleeper.

Other than that, I can't praise this place enough - the common spaces are amazing, including a spacious courtyard with outdoor tables and seating, an ample kitchen with a common table, and the main common area/bar is tastefully decorated and has multiple seating areas, including on a big blue-lit stage. Breakfast is simple but good-quality, including coffee and tea, croissants, and cold cereal. The dorms are also spacious, simple and comfortable- each bed has its own light and plug. Wifi signal is strong, bathrooms are clean - overall it's a fabulous place to stay. The location may seem a little out of the way but I liked that - it was nice to escape the tourist hubbub, and I could walk to the station in 15 minutes and get anywhere in the old town in 25 or less.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo