“Probably they should know that the competition has started to get harder in Europe”
Review of Banki Ramen

Banki Ramen
Ranked #608 of 3,060 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 26 October 2018

I ordered Miso chasu ramen. My first impression was rather poor - possible I was unlucky - but a half-filled bowl with Miso soup, ramen, slices of pork, 2 slices of cabbage, 1 tiny slice of Nori, sparse amount of Negi-slices, and a half hard-boiled egg (which is very rare we get "hard-boiled" - it supposes to be more tender inside).

I give 3 rating because it tasted good after all. And the amount of pork slices and the price itself were still very good. But unfortunately I cannot give higher rating after the ramen of extreme high quality I had in Düsseldorf and in London. Maybe Banki ramen was good enough before, but the ramen culture has arrived for real. Probably they should know that the competition has started to get harder in Europe.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Travel to Italy but still thinking of Asian food, walk in this restaurant coincidentally, they serve several type of ramen and cold noddle as well. Ramen taste just average good, not disappointed but just normal

Reviewed 16 May 2018

When you are tired of pizza and pasta (it happens), this small ramen cafe/diner hits the spot! No frills, but it is a welcome economical option and they do serve wine/beer as well.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We came across this restaurant on our way home from visiting another restaurant.

It looked like it was originally a cafe but had converted to a Japanese ramen restaurant. We thought we would try it the following night.

The restaurant opens at 7:00pm for dinner, and we arrived at 8:00pm. The restaurant was crowded and had a lineup. That was a good sign, and although we were told the wait would only be 10 minutes, we ended up waiting for more than half an hour.

The portions are small, and by the time we sat down, we were told that a couple of the dishes(gyoza and couple of the rice dishes) were already sold out.

We have visited many ramen places, and we came with low expectations. I ordered their spicy ramen, and found the soup very tasty; again, the portions are smaller than we were used to, but found it tasty.

The servers weren't friendly, but they weren't rude. They did their job, and were very busy; but when we needed another item, they were quick to get it for us.

For those who want a change to their week or two weeks of Italian food, I would recommend a visit to this place.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to something different after many days of Italian food. The yakisoba was a mound of greasy undercooked noodles with small bits of burnt onions and a few bits of other unrecognizable veggies. I wanted ramen but there were no vegetarian options. And when I asked if they could add some veggies to broth, I was abruptly told no. I politely complained about the ramen and was told to leave. Ouch. So much for trying to please your customers. I was hoping the waiter (who I think is also the owner) would offer me something else. Service was rude and abrupt from beginning to end. Avoid this place.