“Burnt, raw and salty”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I'm really sorry guys but we have been in Italy for almost a week and this is not one of the best places we have eaten! We were super hyped about this place, I am a Texan, and my BF is a carnivore too. Before I begin, I just want you all to know that we can find happiness in just about any kind of food. It really doesn't take much to satisfy us, so it's rare that we ever are disappointed at dinner.

We ordered the mixed meat pre-set menu, and we just kept striking out with every bite. Firstly, the chicken was too dry because we guess it was cooked at the same time as the other meat since they were all on the same skewer. Secondly, the pork chops were a little burnt and way too salty. Thirdly, the steak was burnt around the edges, but quite literally raw in the center. It was also pretty tasteless compared to the other meats. I know that may be another mans treasure, but not for us. We like our steaks at a perfect medium.

We decided to be rude and attempted to send the steak back for a little more TLC. We tried to be really polite about it because it seemed as though everyone else got the same and didn't complain so maybe we were in the wrong place.

The waiter took it back nicely, but I guess we pissed off the chef, because they came back burnt. My boyfriend said quote "like burnt chewing gum". We cut our losses and left, having to slip cash into the waiters hand because she was busy chatting with a couple guys next to the register.

Other things that were not so pleasing were our burnt potatoes, and the fact that we actually saw our house wine being poured strait from a box. Let's be real, we all know where it comes from but that takes a little bit of magic away from the experience!

We did however love the pork ribs! A meal made entirely of those would have made for a better review!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The best is the staff and the food
The place is a bit crowded. It's small and full of people. I suggest it for group of friend,young people not for romantic couple.

2  Thank FirenzaSerena
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Quiet, small restaurant. We were a party of 4 and both couples ordered the t-bone option and it's a good thing we did. We never could've eaten another course on top of all that we got. The steak was fantastic and served with roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables and salad. If you don't like your meat rare tell them because it comes rare--which was perfect for us. The 4 of us ate a huge dinner which included the house wine for just 100 euros. A true value when in the states our meal would've cost twice that. service was warm and friendly too.

1  Thank Marylee K
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We loved this restaurant. Thank you TripAdvisors for helping us find this great steak place. Not only was the steak the best I have ever had, but the wine, service and atmosphere was spectacular. For 50€ we got a huge steak with grilled vegetables and the best house wine that I have had. Wonderful meal!

2  Thank Janice T
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for dinner based on the trip advisor reviews and the fact that we are meat lovers. I was NOT impressed!!!! The service was poor. We waited forever for a glass of water. The meat was over cooked even though we told them rare/ medium rare! I hate over cooked meat. The place is small I knew that going there but this was too crowed for my liking. Every time someone open the door they would bump into my husband. Also there was some guy that came in spouting off Dante for 20 minutes while I was trying to eat. Just too much going on in a very crowded place. And the food was just ok.

1  Thank ginaflowers