“Incredible find......”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We loved this restaurant. Thank you TripAdvisors for helping us find this great steak place. Not only was the steak the best I have ever had, but the wine, service and atmosphere was spectacular. For 50€ we got a huge steak with grilled vegetables and the best house wine that I have had. Wonderful meal!

2  Thank Janice T

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for dinner based on the trip advisor reviews and the fact that we are meat lovers. I was NOT impressed!!!! The service was poor. We waited forever for a glass of water. The meat was over cooked even though we told them rare/ medium rare! I hate over cooked meat. The place is small I knew that going there but this was too crowed for my liking. Every time someone open the door they would bump into my husband. Also there was some guy that came in spouting off Dante for 20 minutes while I was trying to eat. Just too much going on in a very crowded place. And the food was just ok.

1  Thank ginaflowers
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We came to know about this restaurant through trip adviser. Reading all the wonderful comments, we decided to give it a try. I must say, it was worth every penny we spent there. There are different menus ranging from 45euros to 60euros...and they contain steak, vegetables, salad, water and wine obviously for two.
The quality of the food is top. Being very picky about meat and the way it's cooked, I loved it...as the menu was for 2 and I wanted my meat to be well done while my bf wanted it medium rare, they made our steak half Well done and the other half medium rare..they serve huge quantities.
The people were awesome. The Waiter named Alberto is the best fiorentino I ever met. I dont drink alcohol, he went to buy a coke for me from a nearby restaurant as they dont serve Coke in theirs. Didn't let me pay for it even.
We spent in total 50euros for two... And I must say im.definitly.going back there. Ash & Milo

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Thank you so much Tripadvisor. Thanks to the great app, myself and my boyfriend found this MASSIVE GEM of a restaurant.

The reviews will never give this place the justice it deserves - just go!

It was hard to find initially - the 'take me there' app on Tripadvisor doesn't exactly get you there. It was a very rainy evening and we almost gave up finding this place - but we found it.

It is a small restaurant and we were initially worried that we wouldn't get a table...but the very friendly waitress, Barbara, told us that she'd fit us in in about 30 minutes. We had just got outside and were planning on a quick drink at the pub nearby, when Barbara came out and told us that she could fit us in now as another couple were leaving.

The menu has a small but good selection. We chose the meal for 60Euro.

The value of this is amazing. Coming from the UK we'd probably pay double the price and get far less.

We got half a litre of Chianti, 2 small bottles of water and a meat & cheese platter to start with.

The steak...was out of this world. We have never ever had a steak like this before. The T-Bone steak was cooked to perfection. Luckily myself and my boyfriend both love our steak rare and started picking and hacking away at it like a pair of cannibals. It was juicy and succulent and melted in the mouth. you also get salad and potatoes to accompany this feast.

The most depressing thing I can say with 99.9% certainty is that we left this place and Florence a little sad...we both knew we'd never ever eat such an amazing steak like that again.

Look out for the happy picture of my boyfriend shaking the chefs hand.

Believe the reviews...you'll leave this place with a happy belly and mind!!

3  Thank ToriToriToriTori
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Well worth the short walk to a less popular area of town. Fantastic value for money – we had the 45€ beef for two and couldn’t eat it all. Washed down with their good house wine (50cl of which included in the menu price). Friendly helpful waitress and good atmosphere added to an enjoyable evening in the ‘real’ Florence.