All reviewsflorence airportnear airportbus stopfriendly hotelclean roomscroissantsbriochecappuccinotuscany
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Hotel is close to the airport but not on the busy (and ugly...) Via di Novoli. At street level hotel is quiet. The decor is warm and pleasant. I was impressed by the good quality of the towels in the fully equipped bathroom. Among the issues: phone in my room was not working, water pressure in the shower was pitiful, my room was too close to another one and I heard the later arrival of the guests of that room.
The concierge was a chatty, Albanian young man, Helios. He came upstairs to "deliver" the wake up call I had requested. But he was particularly kind in offering me at 5:45 am a good cappuccino and a tasty cornetto (brioche or croissant as you may call it) despite breakfast service starts at 7 am. I really appreciate it! Grazie Helios!

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is remote from other rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Clean, nice decor, friendly and helpful staff, and very easy on the billfold. They will arrange transport to the airport, 10 minutes max. And a good reasonably priced osteria nearby. Would stay again for an early flight.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2017

We spent one night here before a very early flight out of Florence. The room was small and very simply furnished with a dresser, bed, night tables, and small bathroom. The walls are very thin and we could hear a neighbor shouting into his cell phone after we checked in. Fortunately, we did not hear anything after dinner from either other guests or the airport. Wifi was good. We did not have breakfast as we were leaving well before 7 am. Notes: the hotel is difficult to find, even with our Sygic Android app, because of the narrow and one way streets in the area. We went to the hotel first to leave our luggage and then negotiated our way to return our Hertz rental car. We used Sygic again to walk back to the hotel. The receptionist was quite helpful and arranged both a very early wake up call and taxi ride to the airport. (The 6 minute taxi ride cost 20 euros! because it was dark.) Basically, we picked the hotel for its proximity to the rental car return and the airport.

Room Tip: In season, there is probably a lot of noise due to thin walls and airport traffic
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2016

The positive is that the staff was professional, friendly, and helpful. A true credit to the hotel. Booked hotel due to catching early flight back to United States the next day and it is very close to the airport.
The rooms are basic but clean, definitely not luxurious. If you are looking for one night stay to catch an early flight, I would recommend Hotel Franchi.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel. Near bus station to the center (1,2) eur. Clean rooms with new furniture and new bathroom. Good breakfast and very good coffee. The stuff was very kind and helpful. If we travel again to Florence I would always pick this hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple