“Single rooms - no private bath”
Review of Palazzo Ruspoli

Palazzo Ruspoli
Ranked #139 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I booked a single room, thinking I would have a private bath. Unfortunately, the 2 single rooms on the 3rd floor share a bathroom - down the hall - and the single room on the 4th floor has its own bathroom - which is also down the hall. This arrangement does not work for me, since I often need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I cannot imagine getting up, turning on the light in my room, finding my room key, then finding the key to the room to the bathroom down the hall .... it just does not work for me!

Anyway, fortunately, I was able to get a double room for single use - all of which have a private bathroom - en suite. The room was nice sized, comfotable and clean. There was no street noise since no traffic is permitted on this street except for essential emergency taffic. Breakfast was very adequate - coffee, cheese, ham. yogurt, cereal, juice, rolls and served at a nice early time - 7 a.m..

The room was good value for the price. There are drawbacks - such as the limited check in hours and the lack of staff if there is a problem. On the day I departed, I had a 6:30 a.m. flight and when I took my shower at 4 a.m., there was no hot water. There was no staff to contact at this hour to rectify the situation. So.....you get what you pay for!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank luvroma2

Reviewed 13 January 2010

The hotel is excellent. Rooms are big and comfortable. The location in Firenze is the best. The showers are a little narrow but the bathroom is huge. we are very happy to have used your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I stayed at the Palazzo Ruspoli for three nights in early December 2009 -- I was in Florence for a conference, and the conference organizers booked this hotel for us. It was very nice -- the room was spacious and pleasantly decorated, and, above all, the location was outstanding -- right next to the Duomo, a 10-minute walk to the Academy to the north and the Uffizi to the South. The hotel had a nice (but simple) breakfast (meats, cheese, bread, cereal and the like), and the woman who served it was very friendly. If you stay here, you should know that there is a receptionist on duty only for certain hours (8:00-11:00am and 2:00-6:30pm), so for concerns outside of these hours, you need to call or walk to their sister hotel (Hotel Brunelleschi), which is about a 5-minute walk away -- be sure to consult a map; it is tricky to find. My other concerns were that my room was fairly loud with all of the noise from the street below and that there was no Internet access (wireless or otherwise), which was very inconvenient. I also had a problem with the water (no warm water) on my second day there, but they corrected that after a few hours. All in all, a fine experience. I would stay here again if I were in Florence -- or maybe I would try their sister hotel, which has wireless Internet access (even if a little bit expensive -- 3 Euros for 20 minutes) and a full-time reception staff.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2009

very convenient, near duomo, lovely view of duomo, old palazzo linked to hotel brunellschi-service in am and pm only otherwise can go to hotel -lovely breakfast - pretty rooms-would stay again- good value

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2009

We had the pleasure of staying at the Palazzo Ruspoli for four nights whilst in Florence. The location of this Bed and Breakfast is superb, you are right in the heart of the city, all your needs are nearby.
We requested a triple room (family of 3) was pleasantly surprised how large the room was. Our room faced the Duomo and we could not hear the traffic from the street below. For value, this accommodation is good, however our only irk is the reception is open for certain hours of the day. This can be difficult if you have family members joining you later,as my husband ( who joined us 2 days later) tried to get into the Pallazzo R, but the reception was closed ( it was 2pm), he had flown 21 hours to get to Florence, was told by their sister hotel to collect the key from THEIR reception, when he arrived there, they did not know what he was talking about. This problem appears consistently on other posts of Palazzo R, it is something the management should address. Otherwise, the staff was great in helping us plan our sightseeing itinerary,and breakfast was sufficient.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family