“Overpriced, not vegetarian friendly”
Review of Buca Niccolini

Buca Niccolini
Ranked #481 of 3,012 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 31 May 2018

The small servings for the price, must be because it has a view (sort of) of the Duomo. 3 listed vegetarian dishes...does NOT make a "vegetarian friendly" restaurant....no matter what their outside sign says. In 2 weeks vacation between Rome, and now Florence, this was the restaurant with the highest price/lowest quality food. Small salad with lettuce turning brown, penne arrabiata with so many red pepper flakes it was to "hot" to eat (and I like spicy food!). Very disappointing.

fulvio n, Direttore at Buca Niccolini, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

What? 3 vegetarian dishes? We have more then 20 vegetarian dishes and they are clearly showed with a V symbol on the menù.
Let me say you're completely wrong even on what you said about che price/quality, it's one of our best points in every review.
i really think you've got the wrong restaurant in your mind when you wrote this review, it's not us!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The steak was fantastic! Very affordable, lots of variety, our family all enjoyed our meals immensely! We had a great view of the Duomo while we ate. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I have celiac disease and was ELATED when my husband found this restaurant during our stay in Florence!!!! The gluten free pasta at Buca Niccolini was the best gluten free option I had ever tasted in Italy or back in the United States! On top of that my husband and mother enjoyed their non gluten free meals as well! As many people with celiac disease know, eating gluten free at restaurants can be expensive, but the prices here were extremely fair and it surprisingly ended up being our cheapest meal for three people with two bottles of wine during our entire stay in Florence. On top of all of this the wait staff was incredible and our lovely waitress even gave me tips on where to buy Italian gluten free pasta to bring back to the United States with me!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Awesome cafe. Awesome food. Awesome prices!!! We’ve been a lot of places but this is THE one to go to!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner as I am celiac and wanted to try the gluten free pizza. The pizza ended up being below average and the crust came burnt in spots on the bottom and around the edges, but that is far from the worst part.

The service was the worst I've ever received. The waiter came to our table once to take our order and then only once again to give us our food. They forgot to put in my wife's order resulting in her food coming out 15 minutes after mine, when I had already finished. Additionally, she ordered soup and pasta, which both ended up coming out at the same time.

We then asked for the check only to wait another 10 minutes until realizing they had forgotten about that as well. My wife then went inside to pay. When she told the lady at the counter what had happened, she called the waiter over. The waiter said the check was on the table, which was completely false and he didn't seem to care about the poor service or anything else.

All in all a completely awful meal, the worst on our 2 week trip in Italy.

1  Thank tjhillbsu
fulvio n, Direttore at Buca Niccolini, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Hi, we apologize for te inconvenient, that night we had a new employee and we did have problem, so you're right, the service wasn't at our usual level. If you still can come back I'd be happy to show you our real skills reserving you a special treatment.