“great sushi in florence -- who knew?”
Review of Hoseki

Hoseki
Reserve with
Hoseki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 2,975 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Add Hoseki to the list of excellent alternative restaurants to be found along the Via Il Prato. It's a sleek, cozy dining room with attentive servers and a first-class sushi chef. This may be the first time I'd ever seen branzino included on the list of ingredients for a special roll, but the results were top-drawer. The fish is uniformly fresh and tender. The kitchen also tosses together a mean seaweed salad and piping-hot edamame. All around, it's an excellent break from traditional Tuscan fare, and a good deal more than respectable on its own merits.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

This is a great little restaurant, we went here for dinner I had high hopes and I wasn't disappointed. The restaurant had a really nice vibe and felt like I was in Japan. The beer was large = good and the food was super good.
My partner and I both loved the avocado prawn dragon roll as was the crab version. The teriyaki chicken with rice was delicious. It was all so fresh and really tasty.
If I was a local I would definitely come back.
A the prices were a little expensive but I was happy to pay as the quality was there as was the good service.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

In Florence is quite easy to find a good Italian restaurant but what about a Japanese one?

Hoseki offers better than average japanese food and in my opinion is a good place where to stop by if you are tired of eating italian, italian and italian every day.

It's a place popular with the locals as well considering that even the italians sometime feel like about eating something different from pasta and pizza.

The fish is fresh and when you are eating in a Japanese restaurant this is one of the most important things.

The sushi and sashimi were quite good (the rice a little bit too cold, it should be room temperature).

Of course we aren't talking about the best Japanese restaurant in the world. But the price paid and the fast service, I'm giving it a 4 to 5 stars.

I found the staff really attentive and pleasant. Considering the accent and good command of English, I'll bet that the majority of the waiters are from the Philippines.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We were on a tour and booked for a change from the Italian food we had been having. Did not disappoint. Fresh food, reasonable prices, quick service.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

- The food was below average.
- The place was hot.
- By the time my dinner was served, the rest of my party (4) were finished.